Exploited EXCELENT A++ service, serious! - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Exploited EXCELENT A++ service, serious!
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:13 PM
The part I find the funniest about this whole thing is that so many guys on here complain about poor service and lack of support, but only buy the cheapest stuff they can find. Ever heard of the term "you get what you pay for". Sometimes cheap isn't always the way to go. If you pay a few extra dollars, there are plenty of other options for higher-quality products out there.

I do know J-body guys who do pay the extra dollar, and they generally have some of the nicest cars I've seen.

At any rate, I know a few people in a similar position. I'm in the middle of trying to fix someone's "turbo kit problem" right now. He didn't get everything that was supposed to come in his kit, and half the stuff he did get was wrong (8 months after the payment was recieved). I do understand that it sucks, and it's a pain in the A$$, but I'm afraid you get what you pay for.....

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:22 PM
^^^^^Show me who else sells 2.3 HO turbo manifolds. It just so happened that the cheapest thing I could find was the ONLY thing I could find. It isn't a matter of poor quality here. His welds are awesome from what I have seen and everything holds it's own now that the strtess cuts are standard. The problem is customer service. You DON'T get what you paid for.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:29 PM
I understand. I've seen his product, and I've even installed it. The stuff I've seen is reasonably good quality (I had a beef about a flange that was sent, but other than that, great). You're right with the fact that you can't find a 2.3HO turbo manifold. I'm not meaning you directly, mostly the others who buy the cheapest thing they can find.

Why don't you go find a shop local to you who is willing to make the manifold there. I know a few people who have come to me or other shops and have manifolds custom-made so they get done to propper specs in a short amount of time.

I know where you're coming from. I'm in the middle of a 2.2 OHV turbo kit that I'm doing for a customer who got MOST of his stuff after several months.

Good luck.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:55 AM
Same here, who else makes the external manni for the Eco.
Well everyone claims they can make one, but like I said noon guarantees they WILL fit.
I called Haas, he said he can make one, I called Connection, and same but they don't know weather it will clear the DP and such.
I didn;t even wanna call the Hanh, since they have Mitsu. flanges.

I just figured out everything will be ok since the 2.4L manifold was great and everything and it was external.
So you are talking like I am some cheap bastard, but local shops here take forever, and let see some hands on how many here have J's as DRAG CARS, and not daily drivers, man a handful.

Down time has to be minimal.Understand it or not.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search