sds eic verses s-afc2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sds eic verses s-afc2
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:20 AM
like the tittle says. which would you prefer to have and which do you think will be better to run around 12-18 psi.. Im kinda stuck and need to make a decision. right now i have the sds eic on the car, but i also just purchased a s-afc2.

Re: sds eic verses s-afc2
Monday, February 21, 2005 1:06 PM
Why not Emanage?

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Monday, February 21, 2005 3:55 PM
an apexi is good for an NA car but thats about it, with that kinda psi you need at the very least an emanage

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, February 21, 2005 4:15 PM
what injectors would you use if you ditched the SDS?

Monday, February 21, 2005 8:13 PM
Why not use both? Use your S-afc to control the stock injectors and take over with the SDS when boost hits. I plan on running a Greddy rebic 3, rebic 3 sim, and S-afc.... The only thing not accounted for right now is the S-afc.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 21, 2005 9:37 PM
I agree with Josh Roberts. Use the Safc to control the stock injectors and then the EIC for the rest.

However, i knew tha you wouldnt get a straight answer with that question. Most people will say to use this or that.

Anyway, a true answer to your question without volunteering other info is to use both.
Monday, February 21, 2005 9:40 PM
Quote:

an apexi is good for an NA car but thats about it, with that kinda psi you need at the very least an emanage

where do u get off saying that, ive had nothing but good luck with my safc-2, 42lb injectors, and walbro and those are the only fuel mods i have. i dont have an adj fpr and i can sit and pull 14s on the wideband @ idle and i dont have any check engine lights due to low map voltage and i dont have a resistor on my map wire. emanage this and emanage that when its all said and done i will still have less money in my safc and msd.
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:01 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:an apexi is good for an NA car but thats about it, with that kinda psi you need at the very least an emanage

sorry bud but youre wrong this time, cookie ran 25 psi using an safc and he was tuning it at maple grove, I beat him racing... lol

first run his fuel cut off second run he blew out a charge pipe LOL

anyway you can use an safc for any amount of boost

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:31 PM
i havent decided what injectors im going to use. that was another question i asked but it didnt get answered.. I know many people running 400+ whp just using a safc2.. so i just think i will go that way.. just woundering what every ones thoughs were?
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:55 PM
I've used the SDS EIC before, and, as hacky as an SAFC2 sounds, I like it better. I've put a few turbo kits together based of an SAFC, so I know it can be done fairly reliably....you might want to look into something for ignition control and boost-dependant ignition retard for safety if you want to truely run 14+ psi. If you're only going to run 10-12 in real life, don't worry too much about timing.
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:04 PM
what are you going to do when your fuel puddles in your intake manifold and u backfire BOOM goes your intake manifold.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:28 AM
get another one..lol
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:50 AM
I was going to say run both, also. See you can perhaps put smaller injectors in your EIC and put larger injectors into the engine... nothing tooo crazy but something bigger, and then tune the injectors in the engine to run reallll nice-like...

And then set the EIC to kick in at a certain PSI and add that little bit of extra fuel you need, thereby taking the strain off of the injectors in the engine and not needing stupidly large and unmanagable injectors in either the head or the EIC.

Make sense?

I know that in the end they're both shoddy compared to a standalone, but both have been proven to work on many cars, and the e-manage is still in its development stage on J's... which is why I didn't go with it. I also can't afford a laptop.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:49 PM
If I was in your position, I would just go with Emanage with bigger injectors. You can have your fuel and timing controll all in one unit. They can both be boost dependent also.
I would think that it would be more work and time on the dyno if you are messing with two fuel units. Just my opinion...

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:45 PM
were should i be looking . i havent been able to find any injectors!!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:37 PM
You know there are alot of other options out there try www.splitsec.com I just went with one of their PSC1-002 signal calibrators, it allows you to change the map with 200 different cell values via a laptop, and it also replaces the factory map sensor with a built in 2 bar map sensor.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:18 PM
I agree that you do want to change your ignition system. I should have noted that. So in fact I am running:
Greddy rebic III
Greddy rebic III simulator
Apexi S-AFC II
MSD programmable DIS 2 w/ boost retard
The MSD is a cool toy if you can get your hands on the programmable version. I was tuning the other day on the road with a laptop in the passenger seat and accidentaly cut the chord in half though with the door hinge on the way out. That sucked... It is just a com 1 male to femal plug you can get from Radioshack.... But still... I still say go with each thing individually rather than having one thing made to do everything. I'd rather have a knife if I wanted to cut an apple and a file if I wanted to round my finger nails over a swiss army knife that does both... just a thought..... I know E-manage can't do everything that my programmable MSD can and I know it can't do everything that my rebics can (even though they haven't come yet.) I will agree though that the E-manage can do more than the S-AFC II can..... Then again it is not as easy to adjust. I like the parts made for certain things even if it does cost twice as much.

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:43 PM
yea i would just go with one or the other why tune twice personally im a safc & msd fan and for injectors click the links.

injector.com

accel injectors
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:29 PM
thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search