Craig @ RSM - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Craig @ RSM
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:20 PM
Craig, I understand you work for RSM?

I am seriously considering purchasing the Stage II Kit for my 03 Ecotec Cavy.

I just had a few questions from you and other fourm guys.

The listing mentions that no extras need to be purchased. Will the stock tranny dook with the extra HP? Should I at least upgrade the flywheel and my clutch?

Does RSM do any tranny work?

What about my fuel supply. Do you recommend a fuel regulator or upgraded fuel pump?

The listing also mentions the ported head. Do you put a new head on or just port the original one?

How about an intercooler for my oil or tranny? Does the engine run hotter with the ecotec?

I see you also offer an upgraded TB and DIS...are these simply extras or do they NEED to be purchased?

Ooops I see now you do offer a clutch kit. Do you install?

Is there anything that can be done about wheel hop. I already experience this with my simple mod of ram air intake...

One more question....is there any warranty available?

Please anyone feel free to give me their input on this. Thanks for taking the time Craig, just want to know that if I spend the money I am getting a good quality product.

Re: Craig @ RSM
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:43 PM
Adam,

Why not just e mail them? MIght make it easier for them to reply to you.. since I am unsure if they come on here offten...... best thing to do is just e mail them with the same questions I am sure it would be easier for them.....

Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:18 PM
adam it will help knowing what kind of car you have, i understand you have a ecotec, what transmission? is it auto or manual? if its manual and your looking to spend some good amount of cash, i would recomend building your trans, get some new trans mounts, new clutch (stay away from center force) new flywheel, and if you shop around you can get a quaife Limited slip differential, that will reduce wheel hop. also new A-Arm bushings will help reduce, redone suspension, ie, performance springs and adjustable struts. as far as fuel system the stage 2 comes with new injectors, not sure about fuel pump, if not definatly get a new fuel pump, and a new ignition system the msd dis will be an excellent upgrade. and i do believe rsm in canada does transmission work they instal clutches and flywheels not sure about other parts. definatly e-mail them with other questions. and if you are local to them stop by the shop that will be even easier.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:11 PM
If your really interested why don't you just call them? I gaurentee craig can answer your questions better over the phone.
With any mods if you have a standard you should put in a new clutch. Do you think it can handle an extra 85 hp?Tranny cooler for a manual? hmm maybe you don't have a manual? Stage 2 states it's only for manual.

???

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:24 PM
actually craig wont be back in his office tell monday , he is working the large car show for GM

Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:29 PM
Stage II RSM Supercharger Kit

Includes high volume Vortech supercharger, ported head, bigger injectors, all brackets and oil lines, belt and pulleys, ECU programming, adjustable blow-off valve, FMU, induction piping and K&N cone filter. This kit comes complete with everything you need for the install, no extras to buy. 85 HP gain at 9 PSI. The Stage II is only available for 5 spd applications

OK just thought I would help a little -- says the kit comes with bigger injectors and an FMU I am sure a fuel pump would not hurt but they do not say you need one.

right now the TB is free with the purchase of a supercharger and i doubt you will need a DIS colder plugs would not be a bad idea and they are realatively cheap

as far as the tranny goes the actual tranny should hold the power just fine you might want to get a clutch and a flywheel though

wheel hop is going to be an issue with any front wheel drive car with alot of torque or HP -- LSD, motor and tranny mounts, suspension work and tires will help but the issue will never completly go away

Craig is on here enough that he will eventually reply but email and the phone does work wonders

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:42 PM
hey,

I was respnding to the flaming thread for a while. I'll make this short.

RSM can cover most all J-body needs.

We have an amazing tranny swap available these days. A close ration 5 speed that was available years ago. We refresh the tranny with a few upgrades and make sure all parts are in new or perfectly working order. New harware to instal the tranny is supplied. Our track car has the original clutch and flywheel. Sooner or later it will go. With care it will last, but abuse shortens life considerably. Even without considerable power increases.

Clutch...no prob. We cary several varieties. I generally suggest stage 2 for street/track use. Stage three can be a pain on the street. It's very sticky.

Wheel hop...engine mounts are important (I suggest these with any increase in power.) Control arm bushings are key.

Warranty is one year on defect. Vortech offers three on the blower.

Ported head....we can port yours or apply core charges if we supply one.

No need for a tranny cooler on a manual.

Oil cooler.....we didn't put one on our track car. I don't think it's a bad idea. I would not bother. Any increase in power will increase tempuratures. we have had no issues. proper exhaust is key.

Ignition is a great idea, but difficult to instal. Forced induction can actually blow out spark. A strong ignition is very important but not necessary. While we offer the part, we do not offer instal instructions. We will instal this in house. You can find the info to instal here on this board.

Throttle body is a great idea in this case. I consider a header a must, but the car will run well without. We use Pacesetter. We suggest a 4-1 design. A high flow cat is a good idea too.

I hate fuel pressure regulators. We supply FMUs in kit's but never use them in house. High flow fuel pumps a good idea, but not needed.

Sorry if I ahve missed any questions. I am going on my 8th 12hour day at the show. I come home after to answer email and address internet questions. I am a little tired these days. I might have not made sense with a few answers.

I'll be back in the office monday. Feel free to call. 877-855-4920

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search