Supercharger NOVI-1000 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger NOVI-1000
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:59 AM
would it be worth my time to buy, and install this supercharger on my 2.8L MPFI V6 1989 Cavi Z24? any input on this topic would me really appreciated. thanks.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Come on down to Evolution Audio in Edmonton Alberta, and I can HOOK YOU UP.

Re: Supercharger NOVI-1000
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 11:11 AM
wow that expensive, one of the chargers cost as much as a whole gm 2.4 supercharger kit, and that doesnt even include the endless amount of money you would spend on fabing a setup with it

so nope not worth it in imho

maybe RSM has something for your engine i know there in the 3k range with everything

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:21 PM
well what i planed on doing, was taking out my air conditioning motor, and putting this supercharger in place of it. there about the same size. then i would reroute the air inlet to in front of the rad, but behind the bumper with a K&N air filter. and hooking the outlet side to the TB on my 2.8L MPFI V6 engine. that supercharger is good for small applications like this, where i dont want to blow up my engine, and still gain a few HP and ft lbs without drastically altering the entire engine, or engine bay.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:25 PM
oh ya, if some one could help me find a small supercharger that would do what i want to do, that would also be very appricatted. and what i mean by help me find one, i mean give me some sites, and spec sheets to look at, and a small bio on the item. ya see the problem is that they dont make many things for the 2.8/3.1L engines to boost them. and if i could do this where i could gain some HP at low cost, that would be great. and i do plan on getting a better engine in that engine bay, but i still like the supercharger idea better then a turbo. and i dont think that the supercharger that sits on top of the heads would look very good in a front wheel drive car.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Friday, February 25, 2005 8:13 PM
if your going to go that route get a pro charger i was going to do the same thing but with a procharger kit i had sittin in my garage for a 5.0 mustang i used to own.
Friday, February 25, 2005 8:22 PM
which one, i went on there site, but it wasn't to helpful. there were no spec sheets that i could find. and isn't the 5.0L Mustang a V8. so wont that supercharger be WAY to big for my application??? i mean it will force a lot more air then needed into the engine. i want to make more HP but without blowing up my motor. but then again I'm new to this side of the tracks, perhaps I'm missing something here.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Friday, February 25, 2005 8:25 PM
any help on this topic would be really appricated. thanks in advance. and thanks for the help so far. but llike i said, i'm new to the turbo/supercharger concept.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search