exhaust help needed - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust help needed
Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:42 PM
hey guys. i need some opinions and past experience views on an exhaust. i recently ordered my Hahn Stage 2 turbokit (finally) and im torn. i know for sure im going to run a full 3in exhaust and ive found a 3in flexpipe and catco cat. all i need to figure out now is what muffler and routing im gonna do. i cant decide between sidepipes and following the stock exhaust route. this is where you all come in. this is a poll and suggestion thread.

POLL: Sidepipe or Full

Opinions: need a good muffler for each exhaust style. please post whether or not you have used the muffler with boost (just in case the non-boosted are reading) when making a suggestion so i can see where certain mufflers sound best.

thanks guys. i cant wait to debut this thing cause i got a couple extra goodies to show at the same time.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: exhaust help needed
Friday, February 25, 2005 4:54 AM
well if your car is lowered good luck getting by the rear axle with 3" i had a hell of a time getting 2" 1/2 to get by axle would hit the pipe but we massaged it enough to get it working

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Friday, February 25, 2005 6:43 AM
you won't be able to get a 3" exhaust run if your car is lowered plain and simple.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:17 AM
thats what i thought. oh well....any muffler suggestions for the sidepipe setup?

Friday, February 25, 2005 9:33 PM
anyone got any suggestions on small mufflers that will fit, or come close to fitting, in the tunnel yet muffle the sound enough to be bearable for daily use

Friday, February 25, 2005 10:44 PM
Quote:

you won't be able to get a 3" exhaust run if your car is lowered plain and simple.

u have made some pretty dumb posts the last couple days. u just need to stop man.

example: a t3 super 60 is to small for an eco

there have been plenty that have run 3 inch exhaust while lowered only one i can think of rite now is brandon fetter with the turboed z24.

oh and j mack also. talk to one of those guys.

Friday, February 25, 2005 11:11 PM
well the turbo make a great muffler in itself, but if you want to quiet it down even more, go with Magnaflow, check that out. Magnaflows are relatively quiet and this one will fit in the tunnel nicely, as long as you put it directly behind the cat.

Friday, February 25, 2005 11:20 PM
Redd214 wrote:
Quote:

u have made some pretty dumb posts the last couple days. u just need to stop man.

example: a t3 super 60 is to small for an eco

there have been plenty that have run 3 inch exhaust while lowered only one i can think of rite now is brandon fetter with the turboed z24.

oh and j mack also. talk to one of those guys.

1) this isnt a bashing post. take that to email or AIM. thank you have a nice day.
2) he was right. we tried to get a 3in pipe in there how we would run it. it was all good until we put a little weight on the rear end. the car wanted to crush the piping a bit. damn solid rear axles. anyone wanna come do a IRS conversion for me? me and the boss are too busy right now. LOL

Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:40 AM
i got 3 inch all the way back "not lowered" had to crush the pipe going over the axles (only crush bend). I am running 2 dynomax bullet mufflers and a magnaflow 3 in 4 out. Its pretty loud but sounds amazing. try using the bullet mufflers though, they are cheap (30 bucks a piece) and fit in the tunnels pretty well.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:12 AM
I have 3-Inch Mandrel Bent Exhaust all the way back.

It is a tight fit, but I have no noises or rubbing of ANY kind.

So...It CAN be done!

Good Luck, can't wait to see it.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:13 AM
Oh, and I'm 5 threads away from being fully lowered on the RK Sport ProStreet Coilovers.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:01 AM
hmmm...maybe we'll have to try it again. when we had it in there i laid down in the trunk to simulate it bottoming out or coming close like its likely to do here so maybe i compressed it too much....
we'll try again.

mcnulty: what muffler you running and how loud is it?

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:10 AM
3inch Mandrel, No Cat, Apexi N1 Turbo Muffler

Very Loud, Agressive note during wot. Very Clean, Deep note on deceleration. Best way I can explain exhaust tone through text, lol.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:15 AM
Also, for added clearance above the rear axle, we used an airhammer on the underbody to dent it upwards. Not sure if it was rubbing, but my mechanic did it anyway for a little extra room.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 4:22 PM
i can imagine its loud! i got 2 resonators and its loud lol =)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:28 PM
lowered 2", full 3" exhaust....3" in, 4"out Magnaflow race muffler......lots of room around the axel beam......flange placement is key.
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:52 PM
Also running full 3" over the axle. It can be done on lowered cars. All I have for mufflers is the turbo and a dynomax bullit. By the way, if anyone wants one cheap i have a brand new one still sitting in the garage.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search