2.3 HO manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.3 HO manifold
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:55 PM
ok heres how it is. first off this prolly has been posed before but i have a 99 Z24 in the progress of being boosted. i hear a lot on the 2.3 manifold for a 2.4 works good under boost. is it worth a buy and swap on my 2.4 Z or should i just leave it as is wit the stock i have a ported TB. im doing a T3 at around 6psi would it be worth it. also the relocation of TB and all will my intercooler have enough space to fit?another thing if anyone thinks 6psi is low for a garett T3 tell me if u have more or what night id like to kno that too.this is stock internals. thanx

Re: 2.3 HO manifold
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:32 AM
6 psi could or could not be low for a garret t3 depending on what the trim and a/r. if it's like a t3 super 60 then yes 6 or 7 psi is good. not that you are reaching full boost, which is a good thing because you do not want to heat soak it. anyhow, you are fine with the LD9 manifold provided it's of good quality.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:08 AM
ok thanx a lot. i wont waste money on the 2.3 HO mani..put it towards more $ for boost.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:49 AM
I'm not going to say that the 2.3 HO manifold is better because i have nothing to prove it with, and i also have nothing that proves the 2.4 is better. I'm just going to say, isn't karo running the 2.3 manifold on his sunfire. i would ask him about it, he knows his stuff, and i'm pretty sure if it is a waste of time and wouldn't improve anything, he wouldn't be using it. like said, i would just talk to him, get his ideas, I'm pretty sure he is using it, i could be wrong.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:40 AM
hey guys,

heres my opinion, if u can afford it, go with the 2.3 manifold and head swap...u would see gains of about 25 to 30 hp if u did this especially with boost. the 2.3 head has MUCH larger exhaust ports which is ideal for boosted applications...plus the cams in the head are a little bigger....it is definately worth the money if u could do it.....if u decide to do it....let me know. i can get u a custom made 2.3 ho manifold for cheap......u just have to send the stock 2.3 ho mani in for a core plus 175 bucks....but that beats a venom for 800....later man
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:17 AM
well yea if you are going to swap to the HO head... go for it! just make sure you don't use the HO cams if you are running more than 6 pounds of boost. those HO / W41 cam profiles are a good N/A grind and you might want some LO cams so you don't end up with too much overlap.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:43 AM
hang on there fellas...

if you wanna run the 2.3 (assuming 086 casting) head then you are in for a treat. not only do you need to modify the block or the head's water jackets but you also get like 11.something C/R which is hell on boost. doable but i would say for the first time booster drop c/r instead of raise it. also the head is not a bolt on type swap you will need a stand alone to run this, and i doubt you are preared to do that...

if you wanna run the HO mani just get a pre-modded of from

http://the-race-shop.com/

that seems to be what you are after. a more direct bolt on than anything these guys mentioned. good luck..

if you are interested in running the HO head over to the

http://www.quad4forums.com/

for more info on doing so

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:03 AM
Ho cams are perfect with boost. Even W41 cams.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:20 PM
if the 2.3 HO intake mani isnt that good of a buy why is the majority of the boosted cavy's that i came across have one? it must be good or atleast better then the stock IM.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:58 PM
One more thing, how can a 190hp N/A engine have an Ho manifold if the manifold is no good?

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:23 PM
the one question i have is, Does the 2.4 mani (since its plastic) will crack eventually under boost?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search