FMU question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FMU question
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:22 PM
Ok, heres my situation, I'm having trouble finding free time to install and tune my new megasquirt system. What I propose to do is run 5psi on stock fuel injectors w/ a 4:1 fmu. I'm looking for reassurance that I will be ok doing this... Anyone have a similar set up?

FOR SALE: 8:1Vortec FMU

Re: FMU question
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:32 PM
you will need allot more then 4:1 with 5psi, it all has to do with how much hp you get out of 1psi of boost, sense your running a t3/t4 im sure you will get at least 8-10whp per psi so if you take that into account say your on the high end and making 10whp per 1 psi thats an extra 50whp! that will bring you into the 180-190whp range with the 2.4 engine thats roughly around 230hp to the crank we can now figure out how much psi you need to run your car at wot to run safely, i wont even go into the calculation because that a whole other topic in its self but you will need at least 140psi out of thoughs 24lb injectors to be in the safety zone and you could still be running lean even then, first of all the pump will not be able to push that high of pressure not only that but the fmu wont be able to ether even at 12:1 thats only a 60psi increase over what they normally run at with 5psi, not to mention the injectors cut at around 90psi which is only good for around 165-170whp

this is why you have to get larger injectors when you boost your car

i feel as though you still have a bit of reading to do

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:36 PM
oh I've done my fair share of reading. The stock injectors aren't in there right about now. I have a set of 370cc RC Injectors in there now, I just don't like the way it idles being so rich like that, hence the MEGASQUIRT. I was looking for a SHORT term solution, I guess the solution is deal w/ a rough idle.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:23 PM
get a safc works wonders i herd

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:29 PM
i could do that, but it would cost more than I already spent on a megasquirt, which controls all aspects of the fuel injections system. Thanks for your help though.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:59 PM
I've heard lots of good things about the S-AFC. That is also what i will be using.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:01 PM
My S-AFC has been in for 2 weeks with my Brown tops @ 35psi at idle and the car idles great...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search