Ecotec Boost Question (s/c) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Boost Question (s/c)
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:21 PM
I searched and found nothing about the ecotec supercharger other than the arguments about when its going to be released and all that, so hopefully this isnt something thats going to get a "search newb!" response...

I know that the release of the 2.2 supercharger is iffy at best right now from reading the other threads. so heres my question. if the only real difference between the 2.0 s/c ecotec and the 2.2 ecotec is the bore and displacement, wouldnt the supercharger from the redline/cobaltSS work on the 2.2 ecotec? as far as i know the pulley d alternator setup is the same. I know it wouldnt be plug and play necessarily but is it at least plausible?

Also, i know the part number to the full 2.0 s/c ecotec crate motor (12499466 for those that are interested), but cant find a part number for just the s/c. anybody know?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question.

www.columbustuning.com & www.columbusracing.com

Re: Ecotec Boost Question (s/c)
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:12 AM
I believe it would work, although finding just the manifold and supercharge along with most likely any lines, you'd alos need the map sensor and such..

i never prived it out but I am sure you can find the setup somewhere, the ecu is going to be a problem I think though, maybe not

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:16 AM
12584331...supercharger
12584348...manifold
-as per the "ecotec supercharger" thread
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:53 AM
yes the 2.0 s/c will fit the 2.2

the eco s/c is not in the 05 performance parts catalog as a seperate piece

its only part of the crate motor

and it is the stroke of the crank that is different , bore is the same

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:15 AM
it would probably be cheaper to just get the crate engine and hook it up with a stand alone lol

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:13 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:

I know that the release of the 2.2 supercharger is iffy at best right now from reading the other threads. so heres my question. if the only real difference between the 2.0 s/c ecotec and the 2.2 ecotec is the bore and displacement, wouldnt the supercharger from the redline/cobaltSS work on the 2.2 ecotec? as far as i know the pulley d alternator setup is the same. I know it wouldnt be plug and play necessarily but is it at least plausible?

?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question.

It should work just fine, being that its the same motor. But put it this way, theirs is probabily a VERY good reason why GM didnt put the S/C on the 2.2L motor.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:13 PM
the s/c of the 2.0 WILL fit the 2.2. HCI magazine did it in one of their issues last year. they didnt go into much detail about it though.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:20 PM
yeah i figured it would probably work. im just wondering just how much work it will take to make it work.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:24 PM
also, i checked those part numbers given about and like 97cavie24 said they're not there. any suggestions on how i could find these parts? ebay has nothing, and im positive a redline or SS in a junkyard is slim to none at this point.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:59 AM
yea good luck finding some type of engine management to get it to work right

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:57 AM
^^^ thats probly a lot wasier than finding the supercharger and manifold.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:36 AM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:

It should work just fine, being that its the same motor. But put it this way, theirs is probabily a VERY good reason why GM didnt put the S/C on the 2.2L motor.

that's funny... i coulda swore i saw a 2.2 ecotec s/c at carlisle in the gm booth.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:45 AM
strat81 wrote:
-JaysonZ24- wrote:

that's funny... i coulda swore i saw a 2.2 ecotec s/c at carlisle in the gm booth.

yeah its in my sig.

what would be the problem with the ECU? a reflash or 2.0 ECU wouldnt work? (sorry if thats a stupid question but im a newbie to boost. my knowledge is exterior and suspension)

Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:59 AM
adam check your email i might have found something

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:22 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:also, i checked those part numbers given about and like 97cavie24 said they're not there. any suggestions on how i could find these parts? ebay has nothing, and im positive a redline or SS in a junkyard is slim to none at this point.

Sorry...didn't mean to give bad info. Someone supposedly got those numbers from a Saturn dealer. I just remembered seeing it and I searched and found those. Good luck in your search.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:44 PM
Redd214 wrote:adam check your email i might have found something

the email that i think is on here is old. send it to alochsta@capital.edu
thanks!

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:45 PM
nothing worthwhile ever leaves the gm booth thats part of the problem

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:20 PM
if you guys really want the correct gm numbers i will look them up for you guys at work. the soonest you may see the parts are around may or june when the SS's show up at dealers. i remeber looking up the Super charger excatly when we were slow at work. i don't remeber if found it or not. i also heard that in 2007 the SS may have a 2.4L ECOTEC supercharged with a output of about 240hp. i think

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:35 PM
theres supposed to be a 2.4 ecotec with variable valve timing in the cobalts future but i heard nothing about a 2.4 with a blower. that would be pretty sweet if it had vvt and the s/c.

Friday, March 04, 2005 9:29 PM
the solstice and the sky are susposed to get the 2.4 s/c suposedly

but only time will tell

the 2.0 s/c crate motor comes with a better head than the 2.2 does

the only bad thing about the bottom end is the stroke of the crank ,LOL

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:45 PM
blueakron04 wrote:12584331...supercharger
12584348...manifold
-as per the "ecotec supercharger" thread

those numbers are right. but they are NOT out yet. i check at work. like i said u will not be able to buy them untill the SS comes out. i will look for that link about the S/C 2.4

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:01 PM
the site is
http://www.gminsidenews.com/factsheet.htm

i am also sorry i was off on the Hp it is 220 instead of 240. my bad it was summer when i last saw it

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:00 PM
the problem if you used the one off the saturn redline would be that on those the throttle body is not cable controled its the by wire crap so the computer would freak if it didnt see that if you put the ecm in teh cavalier. if you could get a way aroudn this it may work...

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:34 PM
or u could just take off the redline throttle body and attach your stock one to it and the problem would be solved.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:44 PM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:

Its not a reliability issue, its the shorter stroke allows the 2.0 to rev faster than the 2.2, thereby increasing throttle response and getting into boost quicker. Since the s/c is belt driven, having a faster revving engine widens the power band. Thats why its not on the 2.2.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search