Ecotec Turbo Setup - Guage Suggestions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Turbo Setup - Guage Suggestions
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:45 AM
Which guages would you/do you find to be most essential in a Boosted setup (mainly pertaining to ecotec turbo setups)

Already have the Stewart Warner AF and Boost, debating between Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, or an EGT.

Whaddya think?

Re: Ecotec Turbo Setup - Guage Suggestions
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:48 AM
you need a wide band o2 , a a/f gauge isnt enough unless its wide band

oil presusre , boost , oil temp

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:12 AM
if you are boosted, a wideband o2 would be in your better interest to purchase also. i would say oil pressure, boost, and a/f ratio in your A-pillar. then possibly get yourself another set for EGT to mount somewhere else.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:17 AM
Oil Temp or Oil Pressure, which would you guys rather have in a setup?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:26 AM
both

and the a/f gauge is usually a narrow band , and is worthless , except for a pretty light flash display

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:03 AM
don't the wideband o2's come with a new gauge

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:40 PM
the AEM does

and the inovate comes with a hand held display that also records , also you can display the recorded time on a computer to map it

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:22 PM
Well from my experiences with a turbod car i would say you need Boost, Oil pressure, and a Knock gauge... very few people go with the knock gauge but if your engine starts to see big knock it could be the end of it... and for gauges i suggest going with Stewart Warner, from all the people i have talked to they all said go with the Stewart Warner over the Auto-meter ones. As Stewart Warner gauges are in most cars that come boosted. like the new Lancer EVO 8's and i believe the SRT-4's boos gauge and what not.

here is the knock gauge from Caspers (only company i know of that makes knock gauges)... it is meant for the sunfire, Grand am and GTP's so there for it is meant for your car.. i personally have this one. Also you can get what ever back ground colour you want... i got silver to match my other gauges and they look like they were from the same company.
Knock gauge

And here are the Stewart warner gauges. Below are pictures my'n
Boost and Oil pressure

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:15 PM
Former srt owner here. They're autometer buddy.

"Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems..."
-Homer
My SRT-4
Mopar Stage 2, Mopar BOV, Mopar STS, Booger Bushings, B&B Turbo Back 3" Exhaust, Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC, Injen Intake, Rage Wastegate Actuator, Zex Inercooler Sprayer, ES Motor Mount Inserts, $20 Oil Catch Can, MSD Ignition Coil, MSD 8.5mm Ignition wires, NGK Spark Plugs, SRT A/F Ratio Gauge by AutoMeter in a custom pod
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:42 PM
If you have the time and money and knowledge..i would go with EGT..but i went with a oil pressure...EGT seem to much of a hassle to do...=( and oil pressure is always good to have since we dont have them stock in our car and if something is wrong that will be the first guage to look at.
Friday, March 04, 2005 12:26 AM
CoolVey wrote:Former srt owner here. They're autometer buddy.

well sorry there big guy.. never been in one... just going on what i have heard... but i do know that every one i have talked to said the stewart warner gauges are alot better and cost the same as auto meter...

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:51 PM
I dont know the reliabilty difference between the 2. But, I did have to replace my boost gauge once. I dont like autometer all that much. They are better then faze and sunpro though

"Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems..."
-Homer
My SRT-4
Mopar Stage 2, Mopar BOV, Mopar STS, Booger Bushings, B&B Turbo Back 3" Exhaust, Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC, Injen Intake, Rage Wastegate Actuator, Zex Inercooler Sprayer, ES Motor Mount Inserts, $20 Oil Catch Can, MSD Ignition Coil, MSD 8.5mm Ignition wires, NGK Spark Plugs, SRT A/F Ratio Gauge by AutoMeter in a custom pod
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search