Boost = Happiness!? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost = Happiness!?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:32 PM
how many people almost busted a nut the first time they drove a boosted car and heard that wonderfull spool and then bov?

Re: Boost = Happiness!?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:41 PM
i like my whine

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:46 PM
ya but you dont get to hear a bov with that whine now do you! lol

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:48 PM
I don't believe there is a correlation between HP and PSI....

I DO however, believe there is a direct correlation between PSI and happiness

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:57 PM
Well i have never driven a supercharged car before... so this week end when my supercharger is all on i will let you know how i like it... I have how ever driven a turboed car with 30psi of boost... got to love the 87 Gnx

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:03 PM
i dunno i love the sound of my supercharger over past turbocharge cars that ive worked on

it just sounds a hell of a lot meaner

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:18 PM
s/c : gotta love the whine!
turbo: gotta love the bov and spool sound!

all in all i love both!

i want a superturbocharged cobalt ss! wonder how that would sound?

waaaaaaaaasssssssssssss pssss boom!!!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:19 PM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:I DO however, believe there is a direct correlation between PSI and happiness

Most definitely.

traction always helps too

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:41 AM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:I don't believe there is a correlation between HP and PSI....
I DO however, believe there is a direct correlation between PSI and happiness

I would most certainly have to agree... especiall on a J-body!!!

- i refuse to ride in a car w/ a SC or boost.. untill i get mine.. b/c i know it'll drive me nuts till i do. LMFAO

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:19 AM
turbos equals torque and torque equals fun, or something like that

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:48 AM
the s/c is better

visual as to why

your sitting at a light , listening to a slight whine , guy pulls up next to you , looks over and laughs thinking your drivin a car with a busted part

he takes off , your along side of him , he speeds up and bit , you do the same , he lays the pedal down , you do the same the whine gets lots louder , and you beat the crapy outta him

the whole time your laughing , cause you the guy is thinking W.T.F. was up with that whine , and about that time it hits him like 20 tons of bricks , i got Fn beat a pice of crap

LOL

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:12 AM
the supercharger doesnt whine at idle. Doesnt start to whine untill about 50% Throttle. This is due the TPS, the supercharger just keeps the bypass vavle open untill then. SO you dont make boost unless you get on the gas. This saves in fuel economy and allows you to drive your car normall and still retain good gas milage. But when you want to drop a fuel gallons, you just press a little harder onthe pedal.

But yes, the first time i drove my car with the supercharger i ejaculated all over myself. Luckily i was alone in the car.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:28 AM
So what exactly can I expect form My turbocharger?

1lb boost = 1lb of jesus juice

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^ guess you havent heard alot of super chargers in your life time

LOL

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:53 AM
um superchargers have bovs too dont they.........?

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:11 AM
Exteranly mounted ones do. ^^^^ But as for the Gm s/c for the cav. no

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:49 PM
-JaysonZ24- wrote:the supercharger doesnt whine at idle. Doesnt start to whine untill about 50% Throttle. This is due the TPS, the supercharger just keeps the bypass vavle open untill then. SO you dont make boost unless you get on the gas. This saves in fuel economy and allows you to drive your car normall and still retain good gas milage. But when you want to drop a fuel gallons, you just press a little harder onthe pedal.

But yes, the first time i drove my car with the supercharger i ejaculated all over myself. Luckily i was alone in the car.

It has nothing to do with the TPS... The internal bypass valve is mechanical and it triggered by vaccum.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Friday, March 04, 2005 12:32 AM
even though the by pass valve is open.. the supercharger gears are still turning....there for the sound will be there... but not as loud as when your around 3000rpm

Friday, March 04, 2005 4:21 AM
shadow to bad your not boostin'

You have bass I have BOOST
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:42 AM
dude i have the supercharger, trust me, it doesnt make any noise while idleing.

Quote:

Are Eaton superchargers noisy? The Eaton supercharger system incorporates a specially designed bypass valve, which is actuated by a vacuum motor near the throttle body, and recirculates the supercharger air flow when boost is not required. During typical driving conditions, the engine is under boost around 5% of the time, which means the remaining 95% of the time the engine is under vacuum, allowing for better fuel economy and a quieter ride. In addition, the helix angled rotors, along with specially designed inlet and outlet port geometry, also reduce pressure variations resulting in a smooth discharge flow and a lower level of noise during operation. The associated ducting and mounting used in installing the supercharger can play a major role in reducing the noise emitted by the supercharger.

straight from eaton. I always get the supercharger info about the bypass vavle mixed up. I apologize. But still doesnt make any noise while idle, mine doesnt start to make noise till about 3,000 RPMS

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:40 PM
i was wondering when someone was gonna point that out, not on the cav but soon to be on my laser. oh ya by like next thursday soon!

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:33 PM
my s/c' makes some noise at idle, i love it.

not as loud as a Vortech blower though.

any form of boost is good.
eventually u will get used to it and want more and then you will add more (turbo=easy to add) and that will not be enough. the cycle never ends.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:51 PM
every SC truck ive ever driven or seen, has the whine at idle.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:10 PM
I drove a supercharged bonneville or regal (rental when I was waiting to get my cavy )and I couldn't here the charger

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:25 PM
I'd love to use the GM SC on my 99 and have the turbo eco too, best of both worlds.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search