Exhaust manifold question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust manifold question
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:26 PM
I'm sure this is an easy noob question. I've seen several exhaust manifolds (at least thats what I think their called), that come off your engine then they wrap all around it's self then it goes to your turbo. Why do they do this or am I think about something else? thanks

Re: Exhaust manifold question
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:24 PM
Landon there are a couple kinds of turbo manifolds, Log style turbo manifold and Equal length style turbo header (the ones that you are talking about). They say that the equal length ones will help the turbo spool up faster. At least I think so anyways.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:00 PM
My guess (keword here becuse I only have the log style) is really that it all relates to back pressure. being able to get the gases to flow into the turbo will cause it to work faster, faster spool. the log style has a walls in the way that might slopw it down, both are pretty good.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:00 PM
yea a turbo "header" (equal length) will spool up the turbo quicker.. but if your not looking for a 500 hp engine you can get away with a log style.. cheaper and easier to work with in my oppinion..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search