HAAS, HAHN or EXPLOITED - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HAAS, HAHN or EXPLOITED
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:28 AM
its a stated is goign on my ecotec i wanna hear some comments good and bad i will be going stage 2, the dealer told me my warranty is void after 30 000 clicks so i said ill show you void

Re: HAAS, HAHN or EXPLOITED
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:45 AM
as far as i know exploited no longer makes turbo kits.

Hahns kit is very complete and very high quality from what i've heard, also hahn has a large reserve of knowledge with these cars and turbos in general, you may also be able to have a bit of a custom kit put together from them as i've heard they are willing to work with people.

Haas, uses extra injectors if i recall right and piggy backs them to compensate for the boost levels, not the greatest setup in the world, lot of smack talked about haas.

Exploited, i would avoid like the black death of england so many years ago, his kits are always 6 months past due, suffer quality issues, run low boost levels as i recall 5 psi or under and require alot of work to get them to fit, his older steel manifolds were prone to breakage as well, the newer stainless ones never got much of a test though.

if it was my bank roll on the line i'd lay down on hahns kit.

www.turbosystems.com you may also want to talk to hypsy13 as he seems to know hahns kit/company pretty good.

J~
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:30 AM
Id be looking really hard at the hahn kit, very high quality stuff there.

FOR SALE: 8:1Vortec FMU
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:42 PM
custom, cheapest and best way by far

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:50 PM
k so for a custom set-up what would be a complete list i would for sateg 2, and or show me the best place to go, as i am very serious about goign turbo as im saying f u gm plus i wanna have some fun wiht those srt-4s, and itd be aprreciated to hve some price range as i am workign on a pretty good bank roll,( i wanna keep and or beat srt-4s), also what are the hahn kits running at for price as there site doesnt say

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:14 PM
Search. That is the absolute best way to find which kit to go with. Get thr praises and the shuht downs from the people who actually purchased and installed, or in exploited's case, purchased and still have not recieved. Exploited parts are top notch, but I would not buy from him again sadly.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:35 PM
ebay is a very good friend

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:31 PM
hey JB. hit me up on AIM or shoot me an email. I am not only getting a Hahn kit for myself but the shop I work for is a dealer as well im sure i can help you out with this if your serious about it

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:55 PM
k well ive got an idea but i need to know, if i get the stage 1 Hahn and upgrade to stage 2 myslef with different parts would i get + or = or - for cheaper,

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:00 PM
huh? if you want the hahn stage 2 power buy the kit. Bill matches all his components for optimum performance.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:16 AM
see i cant dish outt hat amout of coinage in one shot and i wnat turbo by late spring ealry summer, so i was seeing if i could get any bits of difference or not, seeing as i will be adding mroe and mroe during the winter of 06, ims till in schoola dn alll, and seeing as 1500 cheaper is the only way for me cuz i dont got 4850.00 CAD to dish where as
3,350.00 CAD

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:28 AM
find me on AIM some night and i might be able to work out a price you can afford. ask adam (NJ Honda Killer)...i work hard to get you a price you can afford but that wont kill us to give you

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:51 PM
Nate wrote:Id be looking really hard at the hahn kit, very high quality stuff there.

that has got to tbe the biggest joke on this forum right now!!
High quality? where? what part of the kit is high quality? Hahn kits are not planned out correctly to say the least regardles of their fuel setup. They want you to add bigger injectors and control it with what? the factory PCM which has only be designed to control the 190cc stock injectors? come on, give me a break! Hahn doesnt even use stainless steel anywhere in the kits nor does their intercoolers look good at all! They use some cheap eclispe BOV which is garbage and a mild steel downpipe that rust after the first heavy rain.
Yes, i have experiecne with Hahns stuff. RK Sport wont even sell Hahn kits anymore for the LACK of quality and customer service!
At least with HAAS you get stainless steel everything, the best BOV on the market, a custom turbo, and excellent customer service.
Call RKsport, they are selling HAAS kits now. Let them tell you about it.
WOW! you people are crazy. You guys want to get poor quality at a higher price with HAHN? you guys are crazy.

There is no evidence that the fuel system in the HAAS kit has any problems. There is no "puddling" issues with them. Ask people who have bought there kits. I bought one and have it one my car now, no problems whatsoever with anything. If you dont like the fuel system, then have HAAS deduct it from the kit and price and buy your own fuel setup! You have to admit that the HAAS kit is a better kit all around and lays down much more power than the HAHN kit. At 9 psi, i have 227 whp, and 253 ft lbs. Its tuned very well.

And Hypsy, you are only pushing the HAHN kits because you sell them. I dont sell anyones kit so I am the honest one here.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:58 PM
Quote:

And Hypsy, you are only pushing the HAHN kits because you sell them. I dont sell anyones kit so I am the honest one here.

Hypsy does not sell Hahn kits, he pushes them for other reasons.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:00 PM
J~ wrote:as far as i know exploited no longer makes turbo kits.

Haas, uses extra injectors if i recall right and piggy backs them to compensate for the boost levels, not the greatest setup in the world, lot of smack talked about haas.

J~

piggy back? you dont even know anything about the HAAS system, so why are you adding input to this post? You have neither kit.
Its not a piggyback, and the EIC system has been around for years and has been proven very reliable! It is the best setup in the world for what you are getting. It is more effective than say the HAHN kit.

Smack talk? where? I have yet to ever see any smack talk anywhere on this forum about HAAS. Everything i have ever seen has been great stuff about them. Some people have installed their stuff incorrectly and moaned about it but never said anything about it because it was the users error.

You obviously know nothing about either kit. You are going on here-say about the "good" (NOT!) quality of the HAHN kit just like EVERYONE else in here does.

The only one talking smack in here is you and others who have no clue about the HAAS kit. If you dont have the HAAS kit, you cant say crap! I have it and its the best darn kit you can get for the ecotec.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:04 PM
I have been quiet for long enough, but this post really gets to me when others have no idea what they are saying. Dont bash my stuff! I have owned both kits now. I have the experience to make and honest and true opinion. Who else in here has owned both?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:54 PM
Mike: we all know your a HAAS employee. so please leave out the fact that the SHOP i work for now sells Hahn's kits, along with others BTW. That is totally besides the point. I am pushing it because i personally bought one after doing a lot of research, including calling both shops (Hahn and HAAS that is.) Hahn answered every call and every question I had. HAAS never even returned my calls. Great service huh. Im not here to bash though. Im going to be much more professional than that.

Hahn probably has more research into his Ecotec turbokit than HAAS has into all of its projects. If he puts something into his kits, best on the market or not, its gonna be perfect for the application. HAAS on the other hand put 2 injectors BEFORE the TB in a perfect place to cause puddling. Im sorry if i dont want that. I'll take the ECU controlling bigger injectors over puddling ANY day.

We'll see whos kit last longer and does better though. I should be running double the standard boost for the Hahn kit by the bash. Let's see where your running then. Hell man. I'll put $20 on the race. We'll see whos kit does what.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:49 PM
wow this is sorta interesting, lol well alls said ive looked at both and i agre wiht mike on the intercooler looking gay thus the reason why i liek stage 1 better nto only for the 1500 cheaper, in the end id liek to see some number sof stage 1 from both and which of the two kits is easier to install

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:07 AM
JB: get what you can afford. But dont choose to get the stage one ONLY because you dont like the IC look. im sure if you asked hahn you could get a different one. might cost more but i know they got a decent supply of them. or you could do waht i plan on doing and paint it flat black

Friday, March 04, 2005 10:09 AM
whats honestly worng with hahn's intercooler ??

ive been working on my friends stage 2 kit , and it is reather nice , they use a rising rate fpr/fmu for the fuel , it works pretty well , we are still trying to find a happy medium with it , but he is still getting mid to high 20's fuel milage , and running on the rich side

Friday, March 04, 2005 10:21 AM
hypsy wrote:Mike: we all know your a HAAS employee. so please leave out the fact that the SHOP i work for now sells Hahn's kits, along with others BTW. That is totally besides the point. I am pushing it because i personally bought one after doing a lot of research, including calling both shops (Hahn and HAAS that is.) Hahn answered every call and every question I had. HAAS never even returned my calls. Great service huh. Im not here to bash though. Im going to be much more professional than that.

Hahn probably has more research into his Ecotec turbokit than HAAS has into all of its projects. If he puts something into his kits, best on the market or not, its gonna be perfect for the application. HAAS on the other hand put 2 injectors BEFORE the TB in a perfect place to cause puddling. Im sorry if i dont want that. I'll take the ECU controlling bigger injectors over puddling ANY day.

We'll see whos kit last longer and does better though. I should be running double the standard boost for the Hahn kit by the bash. Let's see where your running then. Hell man. I'll put $20 on the race. We'll see whos kit does what.

I wish i was a HAAS employee, then at least i could have gotten a discount or something, however, i am not an employee of theirs no do i work for a shop who promotes their products.
I doubt that you ever called HAAS. They always return calls and emails.
If HAHN actually put the research into their ecotec kits, they wouldnt be having any near the problems with that they do. Anyone can slap in some bigger injectors and go, but the real knowledge and research comes from going steps farther like HAAS did. There were alot of parts left out in the HAHN kit that are needed such as an MSM and etc. THEY ARE NEEDED.
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with injectors before the TB. IT DOES NOT CAUSE PUDDLING!!!!!!!! Where is it going to puddle? where? where? where? there is not an area to puddle. Haas designed their kits very well.
Show me a car with the haas kit that is puddling! PROVE IT! you are making some false claims with that idea and a company could sue you for it.
You take your computer non-safely controlled bigger injector deal. BUT YOU fail to realize, this is not about fuel systems.
AS I STATEd ABOVE THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO ARGUEMENT ABOUT IT is the fact that the parts you get with the Haas kit are far superier quality over the HAhn kit anyday. Not to mention, you can get the kit without the EIC system if you dont want it. You do not have a valid arguement in this post. Your opinions are useless. Have you purchased a HAAS kit? no? then you cant speak about them. I have purchased from both companies in the past. And those are my dealings with both companies.

One more thing about Hahn, do they have 24 hour/ 365 install support? hmmm, haas does.

Friday, March 04, 2005 10:46 AM
listening...

Friday, March 04, 2005 11:23 AM
well...lets see here. where to start without fighting...

1) i cant talk about HAAS' quality cause i havent seen it in person. thats why i didnt make ANY mention of it. I have seen many Hahn kits in person and they were all top notch. I only know 1 (that mean a single person) that has had a problem with a Hahn kit. And that was because he didnt connect something right. easy fix once they told him about it.

2) just cause HAAS has a forum that doesnt mean you have 24/7/365 tech support. that just means you can write your question any time. you can call hahn at any time and leave a message that will be returned in the AM if need be. that is the same idea.

3) if HAAS would like to TRY and sue me for posting my issues with their kit let them. I will laugh at their summons, soppena, whatever and pass it on to my lawyer to deal with. There is no way they can get anything out of me for voicing my concerns. Also just because no one CURRENTLY has puddling issues doesnt mean they wont later. One of those injectors starts leaking and the fuel builds up on the TB and you fire it up your going to flood the motor big time possibly causing issues.

4) it is about fuel systems. no fuel=big problems. PERIOD.

if you want to continue to fight about it go ahead. i will not fight with you here. that would not serve any purpose but to degrade my own reputation and the reputation of my sponsors and providers which i refuse to do.

if you have anything else you'd like to say to me please take it to AIM or email. Both are listed in my registry. Thank you and have a nice day.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:11 AM
yea im getting the HAHN

Suspension done, Body done, Engine next.......
O S&!T did you see that................... I think it was a CAVALIER
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:16 AM
the hahn kit is a simple install, but i do agree if the compression is high. you will have a hard time tuning it. but once i got it right, i had no probs.

04 Sunfire with a hole in the block
Hahn Stage II
350 H.P. to the ground coming very soon
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search