Wideband o2 kit or Just Egt guage????? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wideband o2 kit or Just Egt guage?????
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:34 PM
Im debating on weither to get a wideband kit or just go with a egt guage. i have a 01 z with vortech s/c, rk sport rail, brown tops, cartech fmu, ngk iridiums, and safc2. Please everyone give me words of wisdom, oh im only looking to push maybe 7 psi or 8. Sorry one more, should I get the pcm flashed with everything else or just leave it and use everything else.

Re: Wideband o2 kit or Just Egt guage?????
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:58 PM
if you can swing both then get both

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:24 PM
No one else have any info
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:42 PM
I have a wideband and no EGT, and I will be tuning with that.

some guys can solely tune with the EGT, but myself prefer to use a wide band.

if your car is capable of the reflash, I would get it.

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/fireside">stevefire23</a>
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:51 PM
I have some friend who own Honda's and Nissans and they don't like EGT's they say they don't give accurate reading because a turbo on some car will read differently and temps are not always accurate. They swear by the Wideband O2 sensor for tunning. One guy just put a SRDET 20 in a Nissan

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:22 PM
Wideband all the way. EGT quages are a waste of time and money when there is wideband technology available. Yeah they are a little more money, but if people can spend 1000-4000 thousand dollars on a turbo setup or any other high performance modification, they can splurge out 320 dollars for a wideband. I checked my wideband accuracy on the local dyno equipment, and it was with in .05 of the dyno wide band. that is way more accurate than looking at a super duper thermometer and guessing at the air fuel ratio.

just my 2 cents
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:17 AM
get both..

EGT gauge is not just for making your A/F accurate. you guys are right, WBO2 is obviously better at that. but EGT and WBO2 will help give you a better idea of a/f and timing than WBO2 alone cuz the wbo2 wont tell you at all if you are pulling to much timing.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, March 04, 2005 3:07 PM
Im only going to be running 7 or 8 psi, should I go with both, one or what, and also should I get the pcm flashed or just go without and tune with the wideband, egt and fmu?
Friday, March 04, 2005 3:22 PM
I already have a safc2 cartech fmu and 35# brown tops with a rksport rail, should I get this kit ? Should I use this kit with my safc and call It a day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4532050485&category=43989
Friday, March 04, 2005 3:37 PM
to tell you the truth, i would go with the reflash. There are people running 10psi easy with the reflash, and they don't have to worry about an safcii, or other mumbo jumbo stuff like that. obviously they still would replace the injectors and pump, but that stuff you have to do either way. i like the reflash personally, but that is just me.
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:18 PM
Anyone else?

Friday, March 04, 2005 5:57 PM
I've got the innovate wideband, its great.

(mines the older style with the beige case tho) meh.

The FMU's are good for low boost app's such as yours, I would use it.

the safc-II is probably to help set your idle a little smoother, I'd say it was a good buy

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/fireside">stevefire23</a>
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:39 AM
Thanks for the input anyone else?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:47 AM
I'm putting an enploited kit on my car, it's a 2000 sunfire gt. When you're talking about getting a reflash, where are you getting this done at? And is there anyone who can do it for turbo applications? Or would the supercharger reflash work with a turbo setup? Anyone have any ideas?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:01 PM
I know you can get it done at gm for cavys but not sure about sunfire's. I guess you could. I also think that you could use it for turbo app's boost is boost but dont guote me on this im trying to learn here just like you.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search