RSM stage 2 super with JBP stage 2 cams? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RSM stage 2 super with JBP stage 2 cams?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:46 PM
i was thinking of getting the RSM stage 2 supercharger with the JBP stage 2 cams and a 62mm t/b and i was wondering what kind of resolts i can expect with just those parts?

Re: RSM stage 2 super with JBP stage 2 cams?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:53 PM
and another thing is i just bought a weapon-r intake soo that means that i have to get rid of that right?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:25 AM
I would stay with the stage supercharger one and the stock cams. The ecotec is making good power for its size. Especially since the 2.2 does not have variable cam timing. However, you would not want that with the supercharger anyway. For an example on how good the stock ecotec is; My stock Lt-1 is rated at 260 hp., but it is 5.7 liters. Almost three times bigger than the 140hp ecotec. With AFR heads, comp 264hr-12 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, super ram intake and throttle body and with headers, the lt-1 can produce 420 gross hp at the crank. ( about the limit for an lt-1 ) The stock ecotec without a muffler and cat produced 168 hp at the crank. 3 X 168 is 504 horsepower. Therefore, the engineers have already produced a great engine the way it is. The stock ecotec did not throw it's rods until it reached 283 hp with nitrous. The intake and exhaust did not become restrictive until it reached 350 hp. with nitrous. Many people want to jump in and start changing heads, cams, exhaust, etc, and they gain nothing. This is a well thought out modern engine. Being all aluminum helps it to disapate heat.
With the stage one supercharger, you will have about a 13 to 1 weight to horsepower ratio. You might want to try a better exhaust system with the supercharger, but a better muffler is probably all you will need. The stage one supercharger and stock ecotec engine should be a great combination for the street and be cost effective, too. More power than that is going to mean more torque steer and more wear and tear on the clutch, etc. Higher costs and less gas mileage.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:01 AM
2.4L
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:35 AM
They have O% financing on left over 05 cavalier's.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:24 PM
I have no experience with JBP cams. I would not be able to coment on that specific combo.

Your intake would not be needed.

The eco certainly loves boost. We offer the stage 2 for the LD9. We do suggest an engine build to prepare the motor for higher levels.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search