Base fuel presure for s/c with brown tops????? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Base fuel presure for s/c with brown tops?????
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:08 PM
1. Where ever your idle is decent and you aren't lean + 5 psi like OrangeZ said.
2. I stated before, the Accel 74565, summit and jegs sell it
3. Depends, its different for everybody, don't go over like 13:1, don't go under like 11:1 as a general rule
4. Again, whatever idles good.
5. You mean the elbow? http://www.airflowonline.com has them
6. I'm available weekends, cost is airfare + hotel and food

Just remember, the fuel pressure you have coming out of your injectors is the fuel pressure at the rail minus the boost pressure at the time.

So lets say at full boost you are hitting 5 PSI and 55 PSI of fuel, your effective fuel pressure coming out of the injector is actually 50 PSI. Think of it this way, if the pump only put out 5 PSI, and you boosted 5 PSI, no fuel would come out, since the pump has to overcome the pressure in the manifold.

So, that said, for every PSI you raise in boost, your fuel pump's max pressure goes down 1 PSI in essence.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 07, 2005 7:26 PM
#6 Time spent proving to your new found friend your the smartest dumb guy - PRICELESS!
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:02 PM
I can just use the safc for the fuel delivery below boost right? Of course use it for boost to but with the fmu. The fpr that rksport's website has is a return line kit so I should be ok.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:23 PM
Yeah, you can just set the correction in the SAFC to be 0% for the RPM ranges that you are in boost.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:36 PM
1.it should be at 5psi above your idle pressure so if you have 35psi you will want it to show 40psi and once you reconnect the line it will go back to 35psi but that is normal

2. Accell for the ls1 corvette

3.depends every car is different but you normally want around 12.5 at wot

4. depends on the injectors but the brown tops idle alright at 35psi, you should then adjust it to perfection with your safc

5.try the site shifted posted

6.Same as shifted said lol

also yes you can use the safc for fuel delivery below boost or for the idle but the problem is that the brown tops are to large to just use the safc because even at 35pis they are like 40% larger so imagine at 43.5psi they would be much more then 50% which is the limit of the safc so thus the afpr is needed to trim things down a bit more

also i wouldn't trust the pump past 6psi from the type of charger your installing

Quote:

o lets say at full boost you are hitting 5 PSI and 55 PSI of fuel, your effective fuel pressure coming out of the injector is actually 50 PSI. Think of it this way, if the pump only put out 5 PSI, and you boosted 5 PSI, no fuel would come out, since the pump has to overcome the pressure in the manifold.

didn't know that but makes allot of sense, whats weird is Ive read allot of books about boost and none have stated this but o well doesn't matter it makes allot of sense

see you learn something new everyday

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:33 PM
http://www.carshopinc.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Accel+74565&x=8&y=8

I just ordered this about 3 Sec's ago, I hope this is right? Let me know asap thanks.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:37 PM
Yup, thats it.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:41 PM
I also just bought a fp gauge, it goes up to 100 psi, but its a in line gauge, I should put the gauge on the return line comming out of the fpr going to the fmu. Right? Im not a newb I know ive said this before but want you guys not to think that I know nothing i just want to make sure you know (2 heads are better than 1) Anyway that should be all I need to get this fauker on the road.Besides taking it to the dealer to have it reflashed after I get it on the road. I should be ok to drive it before I reflash it right? Thanks guys, youre prob. getting tired of seeing my posts but my quote is "THE ONLY STUPID ? IS THE ONE NOT ASKED"
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:42 PM
It needs to be before the FPR, otherwise you'll never know what the pressure at the injectors is.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:49 PM
ok ill just cut the line comming up from the fire wall tap into that then run it out from the gauge to the line that goes into the rail. thanks again see i would of done it the other way and then had to switch it up cause I have to much damn @!#$ on my mind.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:00 PM
You could do that, or like a lot of other people are doing, just tap the fuel rail and install it on there

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:30 PM
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search