When do you start to see boost? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
When do you start to see boost?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:02 PM
I would like to know guys/gals where do you start seeing boost.

Also I would like to know the engine and turbo at the same time.

I want to have an idea what's the average. I have a T3/T04E on my Ho and I see boost at 1700rpm at WOT. I think maybe the gauge is wrong or something but everything seems fine.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Re: When do you start to see boost?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:38 PM
^^^^^ You have to remember that you are pushing 10:1 compression. Even with that massive turbo, you should still be spooling quickly like that. If it is hitting max boost and it doesn't feel as strong, check and see if you have a leak somewhere man.
BTW, I will start seeing boost when Exploited FINALLY ships me the F*%$ing manifold I paid for in November.

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:29 PM
i see boost as soon as i step on the gas no wait time no nuttin.... gotta love superchargers power on demand no lag time at all lol

Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:01 AM
I see boost about 2 seconds after I fall asleep at night.

and I wake up the next morning and think boost. And thank god you dont have to think about breathing, cause that part of the brain would likely of been taken over by boost too.

oh, I've been told that the turbo I have should give me boost at about 2100 rpm

airesearch t3 - .48 a/r exhaust 60 trim comp

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/fireside">stevefire23</a>
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:54 AM
Josh - Good to know. I'll see when the car will run right. As for now the only thing I wanted to see is how the turbo was after the accident.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:26 AM
LOL steve thats funn Shiiit.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:54 AM
stevefire23 wrote:I see boost about 2 seconds after I fall asleep at night.

and I wake up the next morning and think boost. And thank god you dont have to think about breathing, cause that part of the brain would likely of been taken over by boost too.

oh, I've been told that the turbo I have should give me boost at about 2100 rpm

airesearch t3 - .48 a/r exhaust 60 trim comp

Boost haunts my dreams, and is the source of my greatest strengths and my most failing weaknesses. If boost were an STD I'd be on my death bed, completely infectious, gasping my last breath trying to make the sound of a BOV before I go to that great compressor in the sky.

The first time my wastegate opens up and the turbo spools I think I'm gonna need a spare hand for my crotch.

I have been told to expect to SEE boost around 2500 rpm and full boost at 3500 rpm...

Borgwarner/IHI 51T-32 T3/04e, .60 ar turbine stage 2 wheel, .70 ar compressor 54 trim.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:49 AM
lol @ chris

one hand to shift, one had to steer, and another to hold yourself back!

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/fireside">stevefire23</a>
Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:37 PM
Quote:

The first time my wastegate opens up and the turbo spools I think I'm gonna need a spare hand for my crotch.

I really hope your wastegate doesn't open up before your turbo spools or else it is never going to spool; I know what you all are talking about though.

Take a look at exibit A:

Exibit B:

Exibit C:

I actually just dropped a load in my pants taking the pictures.
Waiting for one single part for this long is total !!!!!

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:51 PM
LGO my eggo (Josh Roberts) wrote:
Quote:

I really hope your wastegate doesn't open up before your turbo spools or else it is never going to spool; I know what you all are talking about though.

[font=arial[I meant it the other way around, of course. Turbo spools and wastegate opens... I was simply too overcome by thoughts of boost to think or type clearly with one hand.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:40 PM
I start to see boost at 3000 rpm and have full boost by 4500. But, I have a big turbo. TO4B .68 A/R turbine housing .60 compressor 2.4L engine.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:50 PM
^^^^ would love to hear the specs on your turbo. I built a complete custom one.
.68 a/r, p-trim t4 turbine
.70 a/r, 60 trim T4 compressor
I was gonna run a .42 a/r, 454 trim compressor like I built it with but I decided I don't care if I start blowing things up. It is going on an H/O motor..... yaye power.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:15 AM
in like 2 months lol

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:33 AM
I got an Eco with a T3/T04E. 60-1 and the .63 A/R Stage III turbine so I am guessin like 57 or something.
I was at the interstate Saturday night hunting. and I start seing something around 2500-2700, acctually that is full.
start at about 2200-2300.
3 inch DP, 2 1/2 inch charge pipes, 24x7x3 vertical bar and plate IC so there is a little to be filled up.
BTW, Eco also has 10:1 compression and I think since your motor is putting out a lot more than the Eco that I have 1700 is pretty sharp.

Also, the best sound is the fu**ing high piched whining in 5th right before the WG opens and then you hear the airy sound of the atmo. dump. lol

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:31 AM
Hey My T3 is a 60 by 63 also. You have anyproblbem with tuneing^^^^^

Monday, March 07, 2005 2:48 PM
I have a t3/t4 .48 turbine/ 57 trim, .60 a/r on the comp... she spooles around 2700, full at around 3300 or so. Externally gated w/ auto tranny.

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:05 PM
SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote:I got an Eco with a T3/T04E. 60-1 and the .63 A/R Stage III turbine so I am guessin like 57 or something.
I was at the interstate Saturday night hunting. and I start seing something around 2500-2700, acctually that is full.
start at about 2200-2300.
3 inch DP, 2 1/2 inch charge pipes, 24x7x3 vertical bar and plate IC so there is a little to be filled up.
BTW, Eco also has 10:1 compression and I think since your motor is putting out a lot more than the Eco that I have 1700 is pretty sharp.

Also, the best sound is the fu**ing high piched whining in 5th right before the WG opens and then you hear the airy sound of the atmo. dump. lol

Suncavi, how the hell are you spooling so fast?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search