oh wow, 1 guage that does EVERYTHING - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oh wow, 1 guage that does EVERYTHING
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:03 AM
oh wow, I was on clubgp.com ( grand prix forums, cause im looking to get a GTP ) and I came accros this guage thats going to be coming out on march 28 2005

works on ALL GM 96 and up OBD II vehicles

its one gauge that does EVERYTHING RPM
MPH
Intake Air Temperature
Mass Air Flow Sensor Frequency
Mass Air Flow Sensor (lb/min.)
Engine Coolant Temperature
Injector Pulse Width (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
Long Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
Short Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
O2 Sensor Voltage (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
Manifold Pressure in PSI (Boost pressure for turbo/supercharger
applications)
Ignition Advance
Knock Retard
Engine Run Time
Battery Voltage
Transmission Temperature
Idle air Control Counts
Throttle Position Percentage
Throttle Position Voltage
Engine Load

heres the Link ( an NO im not affliated with them in any way, just trying to help out I thought itwas a COOL arse gauge ) ( im getting 2 )( 1 for each car )

http://www.aeroforcetech.com./index.html

also heres a link to the video they made. http://www.aeroforcetech.com./movie.html

did I mention its plug and play? ( plugs into your OBDII port ) it will grab EVERY parameter thta your system is putting out!

Re: oh wow, 1 guage that does EVERYTHING
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:38 AM
I'd rather just buy the software that can do the same thing, then at least you can log it and look at graphs.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:41 AM
Hmmm DEF keeping an eye on this.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:48 AM
you can log it, they MIGHT make a usb port on the back so you cansave things onto a jump dirve and then put it on the computer..with software that they give you to open it up and look at it in graph forum, but thats still up in the air yet!
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:26 AM
my code scanner tells me all that crap

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:27 AM
but your code scanner doesnt in a pod now does it :-p
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:38 AM
Shifted (KickAzz) wrote:I'd rather just buy the software that can do the same thing, then at least you can log it and look at graphs.

Accessing the function menu involves simply pushing both buttons simultaneously. From the menu you can enter a recording mode, where the Interceptor will return to normal scan mode but will start recording the displayed data automatically when the throttle exceeds 70%. Approxoximately 35-40 seconds of data will be stored. Back at the menu screen you can choose to replay the stored data on the Interceptor display. From the same menu you can also instruct the unit to display all stored trouble codes and then clear them if desired.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:44 AM
I'd still rather buy a scanner, things are so much easier to view when you can watch them in different forms on a computer screen, and not have to sit in your car staring at a gauge. Thats just me though...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:46 AM
I thought it was cool, maybe its just me
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:47 AM
Pretty neat that its in a gauge form but I just toss my scanner in my glovebox to clear any codes. Altho that thing doesn't tell you A/F ratio and I'm pretty sure Autotap does. I would say that A/F ratio is pretty important, especially to the boosted folks.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:55 AM
Quote:

I would say that A/F ratio is pretty important, especially to the boosted folks.

Anyone boosted shouldn't be relying on a narrowband O2 sensor anyways.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:49 PM
O2 Sensor Voltage (bank 1 and 2 if supported) you can calculated voltage to your a/f ratio
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:12 PM
It's a nice gauge to monitor things in real time. The problem with the autotap is that you have to hook it up to a palm or laptop to get a read out. At least this way it's in a guage that is always there. For scanning purposes I would rather the autotap I think because it will allow more logging and probably have a better interface but for everyday driving this would be a good gauge to get. I like the knock retard feature, lets you know there may be a problem and then you can search other parameters from there.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:05 PM
has anyone pndered price?

I am guessing upwards of 500 - 600 maybe 700+

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:23 PM
look at the order infor 199 for one, 350 for 2
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:41 PM
Looks good, but I think that not as powerful as scan/diagnostic tool. Just my impression.

Regards,

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Monday, March 14, 2005 12:21 PM
well i preordered one today they are not shipping till march 28th, ill let you know it its worth it... also pontiac guys if your interested they are making a limited amount of red/black ones for a lil more $$, head over to www.clubgp.com and see if you can get in on their group purchase.

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:14 PM
that seems like a pretty good deal 200$ thats not bad i like it.

the fastest jbody?
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:26 PM
Got one on order... we will see how she works...

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:28 AM
definitely will be investing in one. way more convenient than my scan tool. id buy now if i wasnt spending money on a n2o kit at the moment.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:12 AM
The interceptor should be viewed mainly as a mult-purpose gauge, not a replacement for a scan tool, although technically it is a scan tool. It frees you from having to lug around a bulky laptop or slapping an ugly PDA on your dash when all you want to do is monitor a few things or clear some codes. It's always there, and looks like it belongs in the car. It also allows you to view the data easily in real time if mounted in a logical place. Ever try to read Autotap while running the 1/4 mile, not a good idea!

It does read the O2 voltage(s). No scan tool reads true A/F ratio, that would require a separate input from a wide band O2 sensor. I would not put much faith into anything that determines A/F ratio from the stock O2 sensors.

Full blown scan tools will always have their place, this just fills a void that didn't exist until now.

Todd
www.aeroforcetech.com

Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:04 AM
THis is defintely a sweet scan gauge.......... they are 199 and two for 350, but i am sure a group buy can be set up. Just email Sales@aeroforcetech if you're interested.

This is not my product, but a product i thought everyone would like to have in their cars, and have been talking to Todd alot about it.

Just give him an email if you're itnerested, and let him know Shawn Sent you.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:08 AM
Won't read boost on a J unless you're running a 2 Bar MAP and the GM reflash.

O noes!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:22 PM
Looks like I might be getting to play w one of the gauges. Can't wait to check it out.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:11 PM
Everyone that gets one please inform us.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search