Rebuilding my Engine? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rebuilding my Engine?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:27 PM
Hi everyone, i have a 2001 Cavy Z-24 2.4 5 speed. It has around 75000 on it, this summer i'd like to turbo it, do you think i should rebuild my engine because of the number of miles it has or not worry about it? Let me know what you think and exactly what i should do.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Rebuilding my Engine?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:43 PM
Depends on the condition of the engine, does it burn oil, smoke, history of malfunction, what kind of miles does it have (highway, city), etc...

The biggest thing with high mileage engines is the piston rings wear out a lot faster.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:12 PM
^ yep.

My 2.4 had 75k when the turbo went on. It's always run like a champ, and things are no different now (but I fear I've maxed out my fuel pump). It's at 77k miles now.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:21 PM
Hi, the engine doesn't burn any oil, or atleast not yet, never had a thing break on it and most the miles are country drvien 10 or less, not very much city driving. What kind of performance increases are you guys getting and what PSI are you running. Thanks for all the help.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:05 PM

2.4L LD9 96-02 DIY Turbo Kit

T3 Super 60 Turbocharger (internal wastegate @ 6psi), Exploited Racing Mild Steel Turbo Manifold, 5 Mild Steel Mandrel U-Bends, Unassembled Oil Lines, Oil Line Fittings, TurboXs Type-S Blow off, Vacuum Lines and Check valve assembly, Downpipe Flange, Hose Clamps, Silicon Hose Fittings (2-2.5" and 2.5-3"), Air Filter.

$1439.00

I'm kind of looking at this to get, its from exploited racing what do you think of this too?

Thanks,
Brian
Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:31 AM
wouldn't by from exploited unless you are really patient. (ex. a year +)

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:34 AM
do your research about Exploited. He doesn't make kits anymore and even if he did, I don't think you would get it before next year.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:40 AM
Hi again, ok i belive you with Exploited i read some other stuff about them being slow. Where do you reccommend i go, or should i just buy everything seperatly. I'm looking at doin about 7 psi of boost so i don't have to do a ton to my engine so is this list correct on what i need or do i need to add some stuff?

Turbo
Turbo manifold
Intercooler
BOV
Downpipe
FMU
new fuel pump
oil lines
air tube
air filter

what about new injectors? how big would you reccommend?

Thanks for everything everone.

Brian
Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:51 AM
Take a look at the FAQ at the top of this forum, it lists the parts you need.

As for a kit, I think the only one currently offering 2.4 kits is Cavalier Connection ( http://www.cavalierconnection.com )

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 21, 2005 7:23 PM
Thanks for the help i'll be piecein the project together this summer, if you have any other words of advice feel free to let me know.
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:59 PM
well, i got warned for "advertising services and products" in the forums, so i guess they just deleted my post ... which rocks ... because apparantly you guys can badmouth vendors, but can't push for them.

anyways, my advice -- run it till it blows, when it does, build a motor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search