i feel terrible asking this.. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i feel terrible asking this..
Friday, March 11, 2005 6:37 PM
hey guys again. I feel like an idiot asking this, but i'm curious.....this is PURLEY hypothetical, by the way. What if i just got this Turbo Thingy this welded right past my headers, so that the fan would turn and it would push the air...is there any way i can get an awesome sound from that? maybe fit in a small pipe when the air flows out of and attach, hell i dunno, a blow off valve? any ideas? remember, i'm not a noob for asking this, be cause this is PURLEY hypothtical. In fact, me and a ricer freind was arguing about this. he said it would, and i don't know, i don't know much about boost, bust because he has a civic with a carbon fiber hood and a tach as big as his head, he knows everything about cars (/sarcasm) So, whats the deal?

Signatures Are Silly....

Re: i feel terrible asking this..
Friday, March 11, 2005 6:39 PM
I really don't understand what you are looking for, but lets just go with it won't work. Turbo's are for boost, without the exhaust and the charge piping, you won't get the BOV and spool up noise.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: i feel terrible asking this..
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:21 PM
so you want to put on a turbo manifold and turbocharger.... but no charge pipes or anything.... You want to just let that Ball bearing APEX turbo blow air around in the engine bay....? If that is correct, then you my friend, are an idiot. Seriously though, why spend thousands of dollars for a sound? You can spend $150 on ebay and buy one of those exhaust whistles and the BOV speaker. I knew a guy who had that and it actually sounded real. I am not kidding either... I know turbos. He drove an older Tercel. Now I have another friend that went to my school and drove a real turbo tercel on 6psi until it blew up because he never upgraded the fuel. Let me tell you. It was barely faster and sounded the same....

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search