Check engine light on with GM supercharger - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Check engine light on with GM supercharger
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:27 PM
I would have started using the higher octane a couple of weeks ago if I knew a supercharger was going on my car

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:01 PM
Freebs wrote:well what was i suposed to do? i had a 1/4 tank in there i could just poor it out...

I had the same amount of "regular" fuel right after I left the dealership and drove about 4-5 miles to a gas station. I am having a tough time thinking it was the gas.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:25 PM
So you dont think it was the gas? i didnt think it would be, neither did my dad because during the drive to the gas station when the s/c was on and i only had 1/4 tank of 87 octane the light wasnt on. And actualy it has been off for 2 days now it flashed for about 30sec today when i raced an integra.. but then it went off

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:46 AM
lone_wolf wrote:Well, you spelling "ownes" just owns you..

Damn Spelling
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:45 AM
Freebs wrote:So you dont think it was the gas? i didnt think it would be, neither did my dad because during the drive to the gas station when the s/c was on and i only had 1/4 tank of 87 octane the light wasnt on. And actualy it has been off for 2 days now it flashed for about 30sec today when i raced an integra.. but then it went off

Exactly, CEL only analyzes the emission part of the car. If it was constant it may be a result of:
-O2 censor faulty
-IAT censor
-Gas gap leaking therefore no pressure is there
-problem with catalytic converter

Usually on these GM cars, the aux fan kicks in when the CEL is constant

Now if it was blinking:
It is a misfire and it looks like in the combustion chamber it was not doing a complete combustion, that means more unburned gases is coming from tail pipe and your emissions goes up and its therefore not a clean running car.

Your car records everything that you and the car does by the BCM (black box). So that CEL on is recorded, I suggest to look what it was at GM so it does not complicate any more, you want catch it early.
I had my light blinking also when I was getting on to highway from 2nd to 3rd and it started blinking too (twice) lately it has not, which is odd. If it happens again, I will look into RKS boots because it give off less resistance and spark is greater, less likely of a miss fire and thats what I am look for.
Some guys here are running with Rapidfires #5. I went to check on those, and GM does list Rapidfires for the 2.4L. So I am not to quick to change the plugs, from what I heard here they are running fine too. But since GM does not list them for our engines, puts a halt for me, atleast for now.

Hope that helps out.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:48 AM
I had a similar problem. Mine was due to faulty wiring of my AIT sensor. When I extended the length, my connections were not very good so the computer read too hot of an intake air temp. This little short caused me a bunch of head aches with misfires.

http://www.gulfcoastregionscca.org/

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:36 AM
alright i may have to check my IAT sensor then... i has only gone on 2 times in the past three days... 1st time it was after racing my buddys integra then 2nd time was after racing some guy in a VW SUV it was an unfair race i know... but i like the idea of winning by many many car lengths

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search