technical ecotec project questions - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: technical ecotec project questions
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:18 AM
Guys - thanks for calming down. That's what we need to see around here, people helping and not fighting.

Justin - the e-manage is actually much better than a regular DIS-2 in terms of pulling timing, because it can read boost and pull timing accordingly. But it lacks the "hotter spark" of the DIS-2 because it is also an amplifier, and the e-manage is not.

The DIS-2 programmable can read boost and retard timing accordingly.... and it works.

In the end I shied away from the E-manage because not enough people have gotten it going 100% and really, I didn't want to waste a season dicking around with it, being a guinea pig for yet ANOTHER mod for you guys. I've done enough of that, I just want to see my car run now.

So I ran with:

Cartech FMU
Blazer Fuel Pump
Ford Brown Tops
S--AFC 1
MSD-DIS 2 (Non programmable)

I believe that will let me run the power I want and be able to control enough to keep the car in one piece... I'm just praying that the rods are strong enough to take the power.

That is my take on it, many have other takes. IN the end it's all about how much work you want to do and how much pioneering you want to do to get your car to run the way you want. I"m not up to figuring it all out anymore, I just want to drive!

On a side note, I've seen a lot of the ecotec guys having problems trying to run the MSD-DIS 2 on their engines... I'm not sure if a solution has been found yet or not.

Good luck with your decision - I know it's not an easy one.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:02 AM
Ok like he said the E-manage is ok, but not yet sone properly on the Eco.
MSD DIS II Programmable, will retard your timing according to boost, I had one and loved it, but it wires into the coil wire off the module and for you to hook it up you need to cut the signal to coil and bunch of other things.
Now the problem is that Eco cam position signal goes through that coil wire so if you cut it NO cam signal.
At least that is what I understood Todd was explaining.
There is a way to do it.
BUT, with the DIS II you cannot do anything with the injectors.
Now e-manage can do a lot with injectors, but again no spark.

I am thinking myself what to do, because you cannot get best of both worlds, whatever you do, it sucks.
Well you could if the HP Tuners would come one and make their little thingy, but they won't. I personally also would NOT put the E-manage on the Eco.
If you want contact the AEM and ask them about that one fully adjustabl;e program thing they are selling, it is almost like the standalone and it uses all GM pig tails.
Also, don't forget to mention to them that WE don't have a Mass Airflow Sensor, and see if it will still work without one??
I think that could be pretty good way of going about it, you would have to be a testing piggy, but you wanna run 18 psi

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:00 PM
^ so more less, the cam gears will retard your timing ALL of the time with or without boost unless you adjust them which is a job on the eco. and the dis 2 probably has a controll knob on the non programmable one for timing? by the way, was josh's car an auto or 5spd.

04 Sunfire with a hole in the block
Hahn Stage II
350 H.P. to the ground coming very soon
Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:52 PM
McNulty wrote:Nope still no jealousy here. You guys sure love to drag stuff out.

Yes it is awesome that Josh showed us that with enough fuel the stock ecotec could handle so much. I still LOVE watching his old vids.

All I've BEEN TRYING to say is I don't believe it was done the correct way. I think plenty of people would agree that a half broke nitrous nozzle and no timing retards at 18-21psi, is a little unsafe.

Then when I TRY and recommend Justin some timing mods, I'm told they're not necessarily needed because Josh did it. That is where its MESSED UP, thats all.

Call me what you want. I'm here to enjoy others cars, learn, and post the latest on my own projects. You'll see.

Peace

trying to help eachother and enjoy cars and learn?

HA HA HA!!!!!

then give me my crap!!!!

sunfighter - IM me

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:51 PM
Phil, let it go your @!#$ is in the works as we speak, no need to worry man.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:06 PM
thanks suncavi he aint worth it, I will amount to more then he ever will with boost, I will push my ecotec to the limits the right way so people can truly know what CAN and CAN NOT be done on stock internals

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:36 PM
JustinsEcotec wrote:^ so more less, the cam gears will retard your timing ALL of the time with or without boost unless you adjust them which is a job on the eco. and the dis 2 probably has a controll knob on the non programmable one for timing? by the way, was josh's car an auto or 5spd.

your really confused, the general topic is retarding ignition timing as in the amount of degrees of rotation after TDC that the spark is shot, cam gear change the cam timing, as in where the valves open and close compared to where the crank is, retard ignition timing for sure and a bit of dyno tuning woth ajustable cam gears isn't a bad idea, close up the valve overlap and the turbo will spoll up quicker, HOT exhuats it was makes it spool, hot gases expaned, with valve operlap some of the intake charge is going to go out into the exhaust which will make the turbo spoll slower because the gases aren't expanding as fast. whatever its hard to explain

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:51 PM
I owe you nothing. Lets settle this ONCE AGAIN!

Deal was $700 for everything listed below and the manifold. Since I'm keeping the manifold, you didn't give me the last $100. Nothing shady there.

You got the turbonetics t3/to4e 60trim .63ar turbo with both housings jethot coated($200 in coating right there), Vortech FMU, Tial Wastegate, Spearco FMIC, Oil Return line, and all hose clamps needed, for $600.

I was gonna throw in the oil feed/return and the wastegate gasket for FREE, being a nice guy. You have the return line, and half of the feed. I was going to get the other half to you when I pulled the blown motor, but you couldn't wait.

You were so impatient, that you even started bugging HAAS about when they'd be done with the MANIFOLDS. That shows how impatient you were. I won't have my manifold rushed, or have Dave at Haas pissed off at me, because he has yet another guy bugging him for the manifold. So I decided to keep the manifold. Then Haas could take as long as they wanted with the original, and it STILL isn't done.

Now you continue to say I OWE U????
If you are complaining about half a feed line and a one dollar wastegate gasket, you are PATHETIC!!!

I can't believe you brought this @!#$ to the org. I owe you nothing, stop being a baby and stop picking fights with me over the damn computer! I told you I'll come down to your Apt. ANY DAY OF THE YEAR, buddy. We can settle any problems you have IN PERSON. We'll see if you can back up all your talk, since thats all you do.

You got a deal on those parts, There is absolutely no way you can say I owe you anything or gave you a bad deal.

Just GROW UP and let it go. You are mad because I'm not selling you the manifold, plain and simple. So, it leads to this garbage.

Also don't blame me for not being able to use Kevin Noss' charge pipes. You bitch at me that I should've gone with CNFX, that the manifolds would've been done by NOW. I wasn't in a hurry, only you were. Since you tell me Tony can make a good manifold... Then why couldn't you use everything I sold you and Kevins Charge Pipes, to find out exacty how to build the manifold where it needs to be??? It would just take a little HARD WORK, WAITING, and THINKING. So THAT pisses you off. Don't blame me for ruining your master plan. Plenty of people could make ONE HELL of a setup with all that stuff. You just want to dwell on me.

As for anyone reading this crap, I apologize. I don't see any reason for him to feel ripped off, If someone thinks I RAPED him. Please Post.

Everything above is 200%true, lets see what Phil says about that.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:05 PM
nothing against either of u but PLEASE take this to email. this was a good post before u guys started arguing.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:16 PM
I agree, I tried to drop it. Everyone WAS getting along.

But since this crap is gonna continue no matter what thread I'm in, I figured the org should know why he has a problem with me. There is motivation behind all the comments.

I've laid it all out on the table. Now I hope it ends.

Can we agree to put an end to this crap Phil? I don't want to have to avoid my org. surfin.
I love it so much, lol.

Sorry Again Guys.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:39 PM
O.K. heres the thing. I found myself doing the same thing before but and eventually found out how stupid it was to flame on here on off the topic subjects. its hard to get help on here sometimes when there are 2 or 3 as many off the topic posts on here. but oh well. thanks for the info i got though. i'll put it all together and see what i got. later on

04 Sunfire with a hole in the block
Hahn Stage II
350 H.P. to the ground coming very soon

Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:28 PM
my point being...

if you woulda told me you told haas to take MONTHS to make my manifold I wouldnt have gotten anything from you, I found out through HAAS by asking them (note: you told me to ask) how it was going and they told me it wasnt at all. and I asked you about it and you flipped like a WOMAN.

point being you DID NOT LAY everything out on the table to BEGIN with, but details kept trickling in AFTER the point. YOU KNEW I was rushing to get people their money get people to give me my money for (parts they bought off me) my planned install date of this week, but you REFUSED to give me the details and I found them out from a BUSINESS who you went to.

crap is laid to rest now..... IF you admit to withholding information from me which would have changed the whole deal

sorry justins

good luck and I cannot wait to see vids of your car its gonna be sweet!!!

need any help hit me up, I may not have as much done but I do know my crap

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search