turbo or sc for 2.2? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo or sc for 2.2?
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:27 AM
which would be better to get a turbo setup or a supercharger for a 2.2, 5 speed
im looking to push 220 at the wheels. i would like a turbo but they are to exspensive with my going to college in the fall. but a supercharger would be a little cheaper but if it wont give me any impressive results i dont want to spend the money. now i know im gonna have to build the engine, im not dumb and think im just gonna slap it on and BAM have 220 whp, but i just want to know if i can get there and what would be easier. also, i dont have the money to swap a 2.4 or eco to turbo. thanks

Re: turbo or sc for 2.2?
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:39 AM
You won't get 220 with an S/C on the 2.2. At least not the S/C alone, you'd need nitrous or something.

Turbo would probably be easier to hit 220, provided you get the right parts.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: turbo or sc for 2.2?
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:00 PM
What have people been running for boost on 2.2 ohv Z22's with little to no internal work done. Iv'e heard as much as 6-8 they will handle, but after you get up to 10+ it's chancy. I have a garrett turbo for my 1996, nothing in the way of internals for now. But if I can even run 6-7 for a while see how it run's, I may pick up another block and start piecing one together, and possibly run about 15.
turbocharging.
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:01 PM
What have people been running for boost on 2.2 ohv Z22's with little to no internal work done. Iv'e heard as much as 6-8 they will handle, but after you get up to 10+ it's chancy. I have a garrett turbo for my 1996, nothing in the way of internals for now. But if I can even run 6-7 for a while see how it run's, I may pick up another block and start piecing one together, and possibly run about 15.
Re: turbocharging.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:03 PM
how much would it all cost to hit 250whp???

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home
Re: turbocharging.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:43 PM
buddyclub2cav,
It depends. Do you know what you're doing? Do you have the patience to really search for great deals on parts. Nobody can really tell you how much it's gonna cost to hit a certain HP. Every car is different and everybody goes about boosting their car differently. Read up and make sure you know what you're doing then go searching for parts. I want to boost and I've been lurking around reading posts for about 4 or 5 months now and haven't even started shopping for parts yet. Part of it is b'cuz I don't have the $$$ but still I know I don't know enough yet. Be smart about boosting.

Still cruisin stock.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search