Control thy boost!!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Control thy boost!!!
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:28 AM
ok this question is sort of a bit akward. as I build my turbo system I do not want to start messing around with fuel until I am postive my turbo is in good working order. SO this brings me to the question, is it possiable to buy a boost conrtoler and set it to like 2-3 pounds just to get it running correctly. im wondering if they run that low. also what contoller do you guys use.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Re: Control thy boost!!!
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:36 AM
Not a boost controller, wastegate. You can get external wastegates with as low as 4psi I think, or even lower. Then you use a boost controller to turn it up (a boost controller cannot lower the boost under your wastegate setting).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:44 AM
The minimum amount of boost you can run is determined by the wastegate spring, so if you have a 2 lb wastegate spring, technically you could go that low (the psi rating of the spring doens't always indicate the boost it will end up with, though). The lowest spring I've seen for an external wastegate is 4 psi, I have seen internals go as low as 2-3 psi, though.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Monday, March 14, 2005 12:20 PM
I have a Garrett T25, internally gated. I would like to do the same thing. Run minimal boost til i get everything running correctly. how would i go about adjusting the internal wastegate?
Monday, March 14, 2005 12:38 PM
^ If your wastegate has a threaded actuator rod, it is adjustable, if not, then you can't adjust it.

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:59 PM
ok then that solves most of my problem, the turbo I am running will be the first remanufactured T3 on garret section of Turbo calculator Im buying the internal wastegate that comes with it so how much do you think that pushes im guessing I should be fine with 5 lbs and below on a stock setup?

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:25 PM
does any one kno how much boost or psi a stock 2.4 engines can hold with out blowing ...??? wat is a good t3/t4 turbo???? like .48/.52???//sorry if its the wrong forum.. i jus wanna kno before i break somthin.. thanxz
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:58 PM
Read the FAQ, its all in there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search