Dry N20 Affect Gm S/C's psi hp??? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dry N20 Affect Gm S/C's psi hp???
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:59 PM
hey sup i was just wondering how a dry shot of n2o would effect the efficiency of psi coming from the charger as well as the benefits from the shot of n2o

like say your getting 6psi out of the charger and your getting 8whp from each psi would a say 15hp shot increase each psi to like 10whp and also add the 15hp from the shot so instead of getting just 15hp you would get like 25hp from a 15shot because of the cooling properties of the n2o

i dunno im talking in circles here

Re: Dry N20 Affect Gm S/C's psi hp???
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:03 PM
It would probaby be effective in cooling the air temps....especially when heat is the S/C enemy. A 25 shot would probably help alot.

*tries to remember who it was that ran low 13's on charger and N20*

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:05 PM
^^^ that would be lowpro on a 70 dry shot.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:22 PM
yup 13.2 on a 70 shot and 4.5psid not bad if you ask me

but im just curious about the cooling effect and what it would have on the charge from the s/c

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:18 AM
6 psi

206 whp with out the nitrous, and like 270whp with it. I still wish i had that video.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:14 AM
yeah i wish you still had that video too ugg

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:34 AM
^ put nitrous on your car and let me know how it holds up .

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:10 AM
lol will do, i thinking about a small shot like a 35 or 50 i dont wanna end up like lowpro lol i think he was to close to the breaking limit of the engine so im gonna try to stay at least 20whp from that, im sure ill be well into the 13's with a setup like that, and then if the engine blows its ok lol because i just bought a new one that im gonna be working on this summer i think im gonna go with a bit higher compression like 10.5 with .020 over stock and all forged of coarse and keep the secret cams and then do some head work like p&p and new valves and stiffer springs stuff like that, im gonna be shooting for 250whp with 6psi from the charger but i dunno if its gonna happen ive got allot of reading to do but if you got any ideas let me know

but as of right now i need to get my exhaust setup on first as well as my new safc 2 all hooked up

and this damn stock TB is gonna kill me, im trying to find a good deal on a 62mm but havent found anything, i might just end up bringing an extra stock one i have to work and doing it my self if i can figure out how lol but i dunno i can only get 59mm out of it without sleeving it but im not sure if thats worth all the headaches i dunno ill figure something out

i just got a new job working at my dads machine shop so now i can now support my bad habit lol in more ways then just cash

Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:05 PM
A dry show and the S/C will work great together. It will cool the outlet temps by 100+ degrees F which is more than an intercooler would do for it. Plus your getting the added bonus of nitrous. I wouldn't use to high of a shot though on stock internals. Another thing you might want to think about is to get a quick change hub and run a smaller pulley with a lower shot (25hp for example). Put the car on a dyno and tune the N20 (with a controller) to come on just before you see knock. Then when your done you can swap back to the pulley your using now for the street.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:10 PM
I'm considering this as well...maybe a 30shot but no more than that.......It would def. help w/ the air temps into the charger....hmmm maybe this will be a summer mod.

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:52 PM
Well i am leaning more toward this dry N20 idea as well with my GM supercharger... i have heard it is ok to put the dry shot threw the supercharger? is this true?

Monday, March 14, 2005 2:24 PM
raven wrote: Another thing you might want to think about is to get a quick change hub and run a smaller pulley with a lower shot (25hp for example). Put the car on a dyno and tune the N20 (with a controller) to come on just before you see knock. Then when your done you can swap back to the pulley your using now for the street.

i have a quick change hub along with 2.8 - 2.6 pulleys for it

i also just bought a safc 2 i think i could tune it with that on a dynoor wideband right? i know it has two fuel curve settings and a knock sensor input but would it work and be able to go to the second right before knock ??

Monday, March 14, 2005 3:28 PM
To be honest I have no idea cause I have never used a SAFC2 before. As long as you can bring the nitrous on before the engine see's any knock you will be fine. You want someway of seeing what the knock sensor is so you know if and when your seeing knock. I use a snap-on scanner on my car but an auto-tap should work fine for you.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search