Question about wideband... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about wideband...
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:49 PM
Do you guys think that it would be possible to use an autometer gauge with the PLX narrow-band/wide-band converter and bosch LSU 02 sensor all together and have it work .......OR do you have to have the PLX computer box to work...?????
Has anybody got this setup or tried this??

T04B V-trim baby.....Time to Open a Can of Whoop A S S !!!

Re: Question about wideband...
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:28 PM
call plx and find out i highly doubt it tho.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:41 PM
With the searching I have done, it seems to be just about ask expensive, but you don't have the actual digital read-out of the A/F ratio.

Cardomain|Myspace

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:21 AM
Josh, I hear what your saying about the meter not being as accurate without the actual digital number and I totally agree with that. Its just that I already have an autmoter A/F gauge and kinda want to utilize it. By me doing this, it'll save me a little money for now until I get some other really big purchases made.
So really I will be only buying the converter and sensor. From PLX that would cost me $136.00 instead of $330.00.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:23 AM
^^^^^ you also have to buy one of the M-series control unit. You have to buy one of their complete set-ups, besides for the gauge, plus you have to buy the converter. I've seen a few wideband systems go on ebay for around $200 and EGT gauge system for less than $100. If I remember correctly though, you already have EGT. Another cool thing you shoudl really look into is the DIY-widedband. It's cheap as hell and works off a junkyard honda wideband gauge.
http://www.diy-wb.com/

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, March 14, 2005 3:31 PM
Well, I just called PLX. The verdict is only to buy the m250 series like Josh said. . Oh well, thought I would try. But ya, that DIY wideband doesn't look too bad. If not I'll just go out and cut a nut off and make a few hundred like that. One way or the other I will have a W-B by this spring!. Thanks Josh for helping out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search