Gimme info on vortech's pulley's - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gimme info on vortech's pulley's
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:03 PM
I need to know what I would need to do to go about getting a higher psi pulley, but first I want to know what the diff sizes are. Honestly im very new to the s/c scene and bought the car like this, im not a newb to boost but I need to know the in's and out's. Please let me know how I can tell what psi pulley i have, measuring? teeth? Help me out. Thanks.

Re: Gimme info on vortech's pulley's
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:38 AM
Someone's gotta have some info, but please dont tell me to look at vortechs website ive tried and came up empty.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:49 AM
Did you look on there site ?? LOL

No really I would go to the site and find a PHONE NUMBER and CALL THEM.

No one knows a product better than the manufacturer
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:48 AM
Good point never thought to call them at all. LOL
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:33 AM
hey adam im sorry but i dont know anything about the vortech pulley sizes, i know you hit me up with an email about them a few days ago but ive been pretty busy, so yeah give them a call

Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:19 AM
You will have to call rsm racing about getting a higher psi pulley.Its not as easy as throwing on a smaller pulley on the s/c itself.The pulley is small enough as it is,and if you put a smaller one on,it will slip like crazy.You will have to change the main pulley and housing that drives the s/c.So,your looking at big bucks if you wanna up the boost.The first thing you gotta do is find out if you have a stage1 or 2 s/c.Ask the person you bought it off of what stage it is.If you have a stage 1,you should be getting 6-8 psi.If you have a stage 2,you should get around 10 psi.If i were you,id just throw on a gatorback belt and call it a day.Im seeing 8-9 psi on cold days with my stage 1.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Sunday, March 20, 2005 11:47 AM
You think I need a new belt? But wouldnt it have to slip to loose boost? I dont think im loosing boost out of the piping or bov.. The belt looks in good shape. But just in case whats the part# for the belt. Another problem im having is te damn motor is knocking not bad at all but at about 1500 to 2000 it slightly knocks. I put a wrench up to the valve cover but doesnt sound like its from there when I put it on the timing cover it sounded like it was comming from there but i havent put anything on the block to hear it yet. O well If I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have any.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:34 PM
The knocking you have to get checked out.It could either be your low on oil,or you could have spun a bearing.get that looked at first before you do anything to raise the boost.How much boost are you seeing?You should be seeing atleast 6psi.Look at your belt,if you see black dust around the s/c pulley,that means its slipping.Or twist the belt behind the tension pulley,if it turns too much,just put a little more tension on the belt.Also check your bov.It could be leaking boost through there.Check the adjusting screw,i have mine screwed almost all the way in.The part number for the belt if you have a 5 speed is 4050375.It might be the same for the automatic,but im not sure.Also check for oil leaks and make sure you dont have any oil dripping on the belt.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Sunday, March 20, 2005 1:45 PM
Thanks ptrblkz24 ill check tomorrow. Its not low on oil and my luck it spun a bearing. I didnt see the tension pulley is it up farther by the ps pump?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search