pic request of intercooler setup? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pic request of intercooler setup?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:37 AM
Can I see some pics of what kind of setups people are using on there intercooler piping? (from the tb to there intercooler) I am building a front mount cold air intake and I just want to see how people are routing there pipes on the coolers. If I have 2.5" piping at my tb should I go up in size as I get farthur away from the tb (like up to a 3" piping by the time that it gets to my filter in front? Should I have any troubles with running lean or rich because of the ram air? Should I do any kind of other upgrades "before" I do the ram air? When I say other things I mean fuel upgrades, afpr, anything? Or, will my stock fuel system keep up with a ram air intake even at 60 or 70mph?

Re: pic request of intercooler setup?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:49 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/id/airtonics

Not my car, but it's the same setup ('cause it's on my car now).

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:57 AM
Are you asking about making a cold air intake, or is this something related to a turbocharged application?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:03 AM
He's making a CAI. He already had another post in the performance forum but he want to use the charge pipe routing the turbo guy have but for a CAI.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:17 AM
I know, I was the one who moved it...

Chris-
I'll let this one stay here, but from now on, if it doesn't deal directly with turbo or supercharged applications, it belongs in performance. I'm not sure how intercooler piping would help you, all you have to do is get the filter down in the wheel well, you don't have to put it in front of the bumper where we put our intercoolers. You'll get the same amount of air there as you will anywhere else.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:30 PM
This is the front mount air inatake that I am going to install on my 2.4. I am trying to see how people have there turbo piping from there intercooler to the tb so that I can get an idea of where I can run my pipe for this filter to my tb and what size piping would be optimal!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:44 PM
Why can people not help others without being rude? I do not understand why this ca not happen. This is a forum, a forum is where you post questions, and ask for help. In turn, individuals are supposed to answer your question, HELPING the person that posted the question, not placing rude and sarcastic remarks. I think that you should Ask somewhere else, because these people do not seem to want to help, they just want to seem to degrade, and make crude remarks!!!!!!! Keep Pimpin', and we will rise above all the hatas, and simps!!!!

Your dreams are rich.....Live by your dreams.....
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:39 PM
I don't see what the problem is exactly? You have a giant hole going down to the factor y bong. Route the pipes over there and then around to the intake. Good luck driving in the rain though.....

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:37 PM
As long as I don't submirge it up past the piping then I should be alright because the filter has a plastic removable shield on the front of it. Plus I will have an AEM bypass on it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search