To all you ECOTEC turbo guys - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To all you ECOTEC turbo guys
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:23 AM
Ok all I need to get my turbo going is the oil inlet location on the block and the thread size so I can pick up some sort of bushing. I have seen pics of the fitting being to the left of the oil filter. I could rip it apart and get the fitting size but thats what the web ring is for. Can anyone help I just want to get this done

Re: To all you ECOTEC turbo guys
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:39 AM
you will never find the right threads locally, they are like m12 x 1.75 or somthing like that, you have to buy the autometer adapter, part numer 2278 i think, then you tap right on the right side of the heads. search next time man.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:45 AM
yeah i tried the search got nothing. Where would be a good place to buy this adapter. I am a pipe fitter so I can get metric or special fittings from some of our suppliers but its not easy.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:27 AM
I did the "behind the intake trick" There's a post on how to do it. They said they had to redrill and tap the hole but mine slipped right in.

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 12:02 PM
coldfusion wrote:search next time man.

Hes asking a question that never has been clearly answered. No need to act like hes dumb or something.

-----------------------------------
www.exploitedracing.com
-----------------------------------
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:02 PM
i would put the adapter on the drivers side of the head ...look up "ecotec assembly" in your search engine and loook at the diagram of the head and find all the M12 fittings..those are the ones you can get your oil feed from..theres only like really 2 of them that you can get to w/o taking a whole bunch of stuff off....so buy the adapter and take out the plugs on the head and youll be golden.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:04 PM
not clearly answered exploited?!?! http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=67454&t=67454

guess you don't know how to search

Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:16 PM
owned by coldfusion

I was just gonna go find that post, it IS clearly answered there

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search