questions for shifted.... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
questions for shifted....
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:08 PM
hey man,
i just got my safc II in the mail and i had a few questions about it and was wondering if you could help. The safc II has extra features like the knock monitor. The wiring diagram on ny jbodies is for the safc I and doesnt show where to connect it. would you happen to know? the wire for the knock monitor is pink if that helps.

Also, i recently bought the gm s/c kit. i only needed the blower and piping and i have all of this extra stuff. One of those things is a 2 bar MAP sensor. Would i be able to use that w/ my new safc II?

sorry for all the ?

Re: questions for shifted....
Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:18 PM
The knock monitor I believe gets tapped into the stock knock sensor. If you want tap it off the wiring harness on the PCM, I believe that it is the dark blue wire on connector 1, comming off of pin 33. Might want to check a shop manual on that one though, or see if somebody else here has hooked that up.

You can't use the 2 bar map sensor, since the PCM can't read a 2 bar signal. It would create some pretty screwy readings. For example, the stock map is a 5 volt reference, 5 volts meaning 1 bar. The two bar is also a 5 volt, but it would say 1 bar is about 2.5v (in theory). So your ECU would be thinking "yeah, he's only at half throttle and low map pressure, it doesn't need extra fuel", but really you are at a full bar and need much more fuel than you are getting.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: questions for shifted....
Saturday, March 19, 2005 3:49 PM
I might be willing to take that 2 Bar MAP and SC injectors off your hand

O noes!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search