DSM Side mount turned top mount I/C sunbird turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DSM Side mount turned top mount I/C sunbird turbo
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:08 PM
Just learned something neat. If you own a 2.0 OHC turbo motor you can take a stock side mount intercooler off of a 95+ DSM (eagle talon, mitsu eclipse, I don't think awd or fwd matters) all you have to do is shorten one inlet pipe and it fits perfectly where the stock pipe sits. You have to bend the oil dipstic out of the way, and cut a hole in the hood and build a scoop but it fit's perfectly. the intercooler sits below the level of the hood so the intercooler itself doesnt' stick out of the hood. The only foreseeable problem is that if you sit in stop and go traffic a lot it could turn into an interheater very easily. The turbo and manifold sit right underneath there, but if you stay moving most of the time and have a descent scoop it works awesomely. I've come off of some descent runs around town at 12psi on the stock baby turbo and the inter cooler is cool to the touch! Just thought I would pass on this wonderful bit of info... I cut a U in my hood lifted up the flap, cut a couple triangles and and riveted into sweet redneckness. BUt you could do like a subaru sti style scoop or similiar. My sunbird gets some weird looks but it holds it's own. Have fun

Aaron- I accidentally post this in the engine forum and realized they probably don't care about this there but eh..

1990 Pontiac Sunbird GT turbo
-TGP turbo
-DSM SMIC turned TMIC
-Injectors

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search