lowering ecotec fuel pressure at idle - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowering ecotec fuel pressure at idle
Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:23 PM
I just got done putting my turbo on my 04 cav and drove it to the exhaust shop yesterday ...i have stock pump and injectors on it still and plan on putting 310cc gm s/c injectors but i dont wanna run rich at idle so i plan on getting a adjustable FPR to take place of my stock one (stock puts out 50 PSI at idle) and use my cartech 2025 (which is on the car already) to adjust when in boost...

now my question is...how would i go about putting this afpr in my stock ones place? has anyone ever put a afpr on an ecotec befor and can give me some pointers on what to do?? is there one that will bolt right up to my fuel rail??

Re: lowering ecotec fuel pressure at idle
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:08 PM
since you have the 2003+ ecotec fuel rail you can get the acell AFPR. Lower it to about 35PSI at idle and have the FMU bring it back up under boost. We have had good results with this combo. We used the acell 35 lbs/min injectors. Had an A/F ratio of about 12.7 as soon as we hit boost. Had about 7psi of boost pressure.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, March 21, 2005 2:40 PM
you have a link or model number on that accel AFPR..was it a bolt right up type thing or did you guys have to modify it some way??
Monday, March 21, 2005 2:41 PM
Part number is 74565

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search