boost questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boost questions
Monday, March 21, 2005 3:57 PM
O.K I know this is a stupid newbie question but I have done a lot of audio work on my car but i wanted to put some money into the engine. I have read a lot on here about turbo's and how they don't work with some engines, how much PSI to use, what brand is the best, should i buy a whole kit or individual parts? and to research a lot about all different turbos. I know how it works and I have some knowledge of the cavy's engine. I was just wondering where do I start in research where do I go? I know that its all preference and what I want to do. I am willing to read as much as i need and i want to get more knowledge on the subject before i get anything. sorry for rambling on like that but if anyone could give me hlep that would be great.......................thanks a lot

Re: boost questions
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:11 PM
you really should fill out your profile if you want ppl to give you specific examples of what would work best with your car... really helps to know what your car is

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:38 PM
Ok heres the deal. You are undoubtly going to get some guy telling to search and read the FAQ just because they like saying it. but truthfuly thats the best way to start. they way I got started was to first read the boost faq and then understand every single piece that went in to a turbo system then I went ahead and reseached parts that needed to be reasecared. after I compleatly understood all the parts I went back and understood what different brands offered what. now it's been about 6 - 8 months for me and with out any outside help I understand turbochargers and am piceing mine together.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:41 PM
thanks a lot man i appreciate it
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:43 PM
no problem mahn

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:20 PM
I am in the same situation. I first thought of wether or not it was worth it and how many people in know could help me out. Once i decided i wanted to do it i starting making a list of all the parts i need and i am starting to buy pieces as well. Just give it time, everything wont come together at once.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:44 AM
this is true but IMO unless you have extensive engine knowledge and a great bit of cash lying around peicing a system together is reletaviley hard, i consider myself to know alot about engine work and was truly flabbergasted when it was time to install you also say that you have a stereo so you prolly go to car shows i would recomend buying a kit from haas hahn or cavalier connection , im all about the go i dont favor car shows so my engine bay is all business, no chrome here all in all ive been wrenching for about a month now and still do not have my intercooler pipes hooked up yet

so grab a beer or 2 sit back and become intimate freinds with the FAQ you can also search my profile for my posts

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search