air fuel monitoring ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air fuel monitoring ?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:26 PM
i have always heard real good things about the found at: http://www.db-performance-eng.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=770&osCsid=dae736abead819570aeb1fe07e465f70 my ? is, are there any less expensive systems out there, with the same quality, ie able to be viewed on a computer? and all. or is that just a waste? i wanta make sure that what i lack in up front knolege, i can make up for in the learning curve...

Re: air fuel monitoring ?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:28 PM
Normally wideband systems are on the expensive side. I wouldn't expect to pay any less than $325 for a wideband system, most have outputs to log to a computer.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:12 PM
do you have a system that you would recomend? and ya, i know they are on the pricey side, hell the sensor alone would run 125+ but, i could care less, rather have the info, then not, and lean out!
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:13 PM
A lot of people use the LM-1. There are quite a few systems out there, probably the cheapest you'll find is on E-Bay unless you do the DIY WBO2, but that requires a lot of soldering and know-how.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:41 PM
so. from what all i am seeing. the wideband commander i gave the link for, is right on line with the lm-1 and price wise to, being that the wideband comander has a guage, and the guages i have seen are 120 or so...
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:45 PM
i dont like the gauge on that system, any way i can hook up a new nexus gague up to it or a phantom gauge (autometer).
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 3:32 PM
If anyone wants any LM1 parts and accessories, email us we have about 8 LM1's in stock with a few extra goodies. We can get you a good deal on the LM1 itself.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:20 PM
I run the PLX and im pretty happy with it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:15 PM
can i just buy a wideband 02 sensor for my a/f gauge, not sure how that works?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:28 PM
^ No, can't do that, since the regular aftermarket a/f gauges are only a 0-1v signal, and widebands are 0-5v

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:32 PM
well that really sucks for me. i want to get a better reading but dont want to pay $400

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search