Turbo Times?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Times??
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:11 PM
Guess what couldn't find anything on the search ...But I was wondering, does anybody have just a turbo set and nothing more than a bigger exhaust and a short ram intake on a 2.4 cavy??...If so what kinda times did you have with just that on it??..Thanx

Re: Turbo Times??
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:56 AM
well what im doing for mine is puttin the front mount on and the turbo. i have my EGT gauge and im going to use that as a base so i dont over buy stuff for my car. the EGT will tell me how im reading since the air/fuel just bounces around. i kno im going to go lean but by that ill then get my SAFC2 and my FMU.. if i still need more ill go with injectors but i dont want to buy stuff i dont need. thats just what im doing but you most likely (and anyone quote me if im wrong) will not run with just a turbo. you will need the FM and a lot of fuel upgrads you cant just slap a turbo on and drive away. good luck
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:03 AM
Turbo intakes are custom, not really short ram.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:47 PM
hmmm, guys..lol...i mean't other than what youll have to have??...I know youll need fuel upgrades, and possibly an intercooler...what i was talkin about was running a turbo on stock internals...
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 3:43 AM
as far as stock internals it depends on the turbo. im runnin a T3 at 7psi. but (correct me if im wrong) ive come across a few people on the forum post 13 on stock internals or 18 but they didnt run for to long. but it all depends on the turbo you run. my next car's gonna be eco since it likes boost and i like boost .im pretty new at this too so im kinda just sayin stuff people told me and from the little experience i have right now. turboin a non turbo's car is new to me. im so used to having my Cobra where the power was just there.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:28 PM
cool, have you got run it at a track yet?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search