solution to external wastegate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
solution to external wastegate
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:59 PM
ok so after a lot of worry about buying a manifold with a external waste gate part, i have finally i have found a picture of someone who has the right idea...

so i looked at this, and looked at my turbo and realized that this would work for me.. something i couldhave fabricated and ready to go when i would bring my car to the exhast shop for them to make my exhast system.. however i do realize that some turbos do not have the pleasure of having that hole next to the outlet for the turbine, however my t3 has one.. but i was thinking of upgrading to a hybrid t3/t4... does anyone know if they sell those with that hole already there.. i know for high hp setups this would not be the greatest for flow, but since many of us on the org will never spend (or have the money to) on something for a high boost setup...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info

Re: solution to external wastegate
Saturday, February 26, 2005 6:46 PM
yeah a lot of t3/t4's on ebay have that little whole there, just look around, there are tons. i like that setup there.
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:07 PM
Some people don't have the room for sumthing like that. But would be nice for someone that does .
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:51 PM
Doesn't Haas have manifolds that support an external w/g setup?

Adrock, you rock so well
Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:54 AM
maybe.. but i have a 2.4 and it just gives me a better idea on howe to get something liek this working.. even if you had to move the wastegate down a bit, you can find the room somewhere and do external gates insted of dealing with internal..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:04 PM
Pretty dump if you ask me. Why even have an external wastegate? You don't have any of the benifets from it, and you spend more money on it.

O noes!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:54 PM
why have one?? cuz they are less prone to problems, they decress boost surges and spikes...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:18 PM
Smokey wrote: You don't have any of the benifets from it

Just like Smokey says... with the setup you have, you've negated all the benefits you just listed, LERecords.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Friday, March 25, 2005 10:19 AM
alright if i have this manifold http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7963635282&category=33742 and this turbo http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7963635282&category=33742 i need an external wastegate right? and how would it connect since the manifold doesnt ahve an external hookup? i thought i could go internal and didnt realize if its internal its already on the turbo....

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Friday, March 25, 2005 1:48 PM
with that turbo, since it doesnt have the port for hte internal wastegate, you would either have to drill one (not recomended) or get someone to cut a hole in your manifold to put in a flange for an external wastegate...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Friday, March 25, 2005 4:47 PM
ok ill have the have the flange thing done

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:54 PM
in my oppinion looking back at this.. it would just be easier to have the flange welded on the manifold..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Friday, March 25, 2005 4:58 PM
good idea

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, March 25, 2005 8:27 PM
yea thats what ill have done
what side of the manifold does it need to go on?

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search