egt similators? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
egt similators?
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:57 PM
hey guys whats up ive got the 2.4l and the car is a 96 and im having a hard time figuring out that once i put a turbo manifold its going to mess up that little sensor and im going to need to get a simulator or something so the computer doesn't have a @!#$ fit so if anyone knows anything about this or has a boosted 96 2.4l and over came the problem please tell me what u did thanks.

Re: egt similators?
Friday, March 25, 2005 11:49 PM
First off, I think you are talking about an EGR not egt. You can either get a simulator and use a non-egr gasket, or you can carve a little notch in the turbo mainifold to account for the egr. I don't have my turbo on yet, but I got my manifold from a reliable source on here that carved a notch for the egr.

Proud member of Gateway J-Body Owners
Saturday, March 26, 2005 2:05 PM
whats the difference between the EGT and EGR? cuz i bought the EGT for my turbod Z.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:18 PM
EGT = Exhaust Gas Temperature

EGR = Exhaust Gas Recirculator

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:55 PM
ok one more question do i need the EGR? cuz i have the EGT since its more accurate then the Air/fuel. now what does that EGR do? its also a gauge? thats a new one to me i never heard of it. if its not needed then i wont worry about it, if the EGT is fine then im set. thanks
Saturday, March 26, 2005 4:05 PM
EGR is an emmissions system from the factory that exists on 95-98 cars.

It is not a gauge.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:04 PM
sorry i ment egr similators , where would i get a simulator . and it sounds like it would be easier for me to get the notch put in the manifold that way i wouldn't have to mess with it. where did you get your manifold to come with one in it i have never seen it offered anywhere thanks for the feedback guys
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search