narrowband output on plx wideband - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
narrowband output on plx wideband
Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:30 AM
i searched the org looking for some information on what color wire to hook up the narrowband output signal from my PLX wideband to and could not find anything. does anyone know what wire to hook up this narrowband out from the wideband to on the ecotec?

Re: narrowband output on plx wideband
Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:06 PM
Are you talking about the narrow band output to sent to the stock O2 signal wire? Well if that is the case, I believe it is the gray wire. Start the car and measure the out put voltage comming out that gray wire. If it is a 0-1 volt signal (NO GREATER THAN 1 VOLT) it is the narrow band wire. The White one is the wide band out put it will range from 0-5 volts. Just measure them and check. What ever you do don't just assume and hook one up with out checking.

On the car the primary o2 sensor may have 1 wire or four I believe. If it is a one wire just hook it to that one. If it is 3 or 4, being a heated ot sensor, I would look in a wire diagram in a manual, or test the wires for the correct voltage signal (0-1 VOLT).
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:21 PM
on most of the ones i've seen, the grey wire from the plx connects to the purple wire, and if you have a 4 wire o2 sensor, you also have to use the two given resistors in the plx package to put on the heater wires or something like that. Those instructions should be included in the plx box, or on their web site. They have it all documented.

Monday, March 28, 2005 4:15 PM
Yeah it is the purple wire, got everything running well, thanks for the help.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:45 AM
This will not work. I have the PLX and an ecotec, I tried putting in the wideband and then throwing back the 1v signal from it to the stock computer. A number of codes came up because there is nothing hooked to the heater circut so I made a box to simulate a load on the circut, it cleared those codes but now I'm still getting 130- Slow Circut Response. The only way to do this successfully is to drill another hole in your header weld in another 02 bung and hook back up the stock one so both are getting a reading. This is the only way the stock PCM will stay happy. I thought as you did but it does not work

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:55 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:This will not work. I have the PLX and an ecotec, I tried putting in the wideband and then throwing back the 1v signal from it to the stock computer. A number of codes came up because there is nothing hooked to the heater circut so I made a box to simulate a load on the circut, it cleared those codes but now I'm still getting 130- Slow Circut Response. The only way to do this successfully is to drill another hole in your header weld in another 02 bung and hook back up the stock one so both are getting a reading. This is the only way the stock PCM will stay happy. I thought as you did but it does not work

So, the resistors that plx included in the kit didn't work on the heater circuit? Thats weird. I don't have the ecotec, so don't have to worry about that problem. I don't have a heater circuit. 1 wire O2 sensor (OBD1 rules)

on this page, step number 8 is what i'm talking about. Is that what you meant by you built a box?
http://www.plxdevices.com/PLXApp004.htm
it says to use "20 Ohm, 10 Watt load resistor to prevent the engine check error code."
That didn't work?

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:29 PM
well i am still throwing a code but the car runs fine.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:59 PM
plx includes capacitors for noise resistance in a car stereo they do not include resistors you need get them at some place like radio shack, I managed to get rid of the heater circut code buy making a little 20ohm 20 watt resistor box, the resistance of the stock 02 sensor heater is 13.9 ohm mine is something like 18.9ohm worked just fine at fooling the computer that something is hooked up to the heater circut.

The ecotec has a 4 wire o2 sensor the two white make up the heater circut, grey is 1v signal back to pcm and the black is a ground

If your throwing a code there is something wrong, I've noticed that mine runs especially rich since having all these problems come up, Im just going to readd the stock sensor

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:48 PM
rodimus, i have only spilced my wideband's narrowband out into the thicker purple wire on the ecu and i am runnin fine. i will do that heater trick thing though to ditch that code.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:05 PM
rodimus, what color wire did you splice into for that resistor thing to get rid of that code?

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:37 PM
I went to radio shack and made this little box which contains 2 10ohm 10 watt resistors wired in series to bring the load up to 18.9ohm, you wire it in line with the two white wires which are the heater circut wires

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search