do these injectors work in our j's? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
do these injectors work in our j's?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:34 PM
hey guys,

i have heard some rumors that lt1 and ls1 camaro injectors will work in our cars, is this true? i have also heard that the ones out of some mustangs will work too?.... the reason i ask is, i am looking for some 440cc's on ebay but no one lists them for cavaliers or sunfires.... so i thought i might have a better chance finding some for a camaro or mustang on ebay.... i want rc's.. if anyone can find some on ebay or anywhere, please post the link.. i was gunna try to find some that were just listed on there were i could buy just 4 of them instead of 8. also any help with what type of injector i actually need to look for would be helpful. .i know that the injectors in my 96 jbody are high impedance but thats about it... i wish we could find parts for our cars on ebay as easily as u can for dsm's and honda's.... o well.......domestics are still cooler...hahah....thanks guys.

Re: do these injectors work in our j's?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:47 PM
LS1 injectors are the same size as z24 injectors.

The injectors in your 96 are LOW impedance.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:03 PM
wat size are 2.4 injectors anyways?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:07 PM
24lbs

Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:19 PM
i feel like a dumb@$$ but what CC is that? cuz im turboin my cavy 7 psi and im lookin at RC fuel injectors now and tryin to figure out with the equations that they give you. i got 423.28. so thats either 440CC or 370CC. i dont want to over size either so im thinkin 370CC. also another question. on the RC site it says Saturated injectors and peak and hold injectors. both have their own sizes. now the 370CC is under peak and hold. but the 440CC is under saturated. this means? and which is better? (sorry Dan for using your post to ask stuff but i didnt want to create the 1,000th injector thread)
Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:14 PM
5SPD Z-

I think you are trying to figure out injector sizes, neglecting fuel pressure. RC rates thier injectors at 43psi. If you get 440cc injectors and don't pull the fuel pressure down to almost nothing, it won't run. You need something to pull the extra fuel out below like 35psi, like an SAFC-2 or E-Manage. You can get away using smaller injectors by just turning up your fuel pressure during boost.

For example, if you want to use 320cc (30lb/hr) injectors, and you need 440cc of fuel at your hp peak, say 7psi, then you need to calculate your required fuel pressure like this:

Required Pressure = (Desired Flow Rate x Rated Pressure) / Rated Flow Rate

So, for 30lb/hr injectors, rated at 43psi, and you need 41lb/hr injectors:

P = (41 x 43) / 30

P = 59psi

But, that assumes an open-air injecting environment, you are injecting into the manifold, which is pressurized at 7psi, so you also have to overcome that pressure, so you really nead 66psi.

So you could use 30lb/hr injectors at 66psi at full boost, and you will be fine.

Now to get them to idle lets say you need to have 40psi, at atmospheric manifold pressure lets say you get 53psi in the rail, now you need to figure out what rate you need to set your FMU so you can get 66psi at full throttle.

Rate = (Desired Fuel Pressure - Base Fuel Pressure) / Turbo pressure

Rate = (66 - 53) / 7
Rate = 1.85:1

So you can see why people FLOOD thier cars with 12:1 vortech fixed rate FMU's. Do yourself a favor and get an adjustable FMU.

As for your other question:

Peak and Hold = Another name for Low Resistance (2.5 - 3 ohms)
Saturated = Another name for High Resistance (12-16 ohms)

One isn't necessarily better than the other, the 96-98's have low resistance, the 99's and up have high resistance.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:50 PM
shifted:
gotcha i did buy the SAFC II i didnt mention that and im going to run a FMU.. so ill just buy the 320CC injectors and just tune it and i should be fine wit that size injector? but since i have a 99 and us say high resistor idn if the 320CC was under the saturated so ill get what evers close to that. and the RC will fit? its universal or what cuz im gonna order right from the site.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:52 PM
You will need to buy the injector clips for the high impedance injectors.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:00 PM
By the way, ford red tops are 30lb/hr and high impedance, much cheaper on ebay and a lot easier to find. You will need to get the ford clips though.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:20 PM
well shifted thanx a lot you have been more then a help..its greatly appreciated that someone takes their time to help people out as much as you do. ill look up ford red tops and see what I find. i just wanna get this crap done its so stressful finding everything.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:54 PM
Shifted that is impossible.
You are telling me that with 370's and 8 psi on stock Ecotec fuel pressure, I can get away with using a 2:1 disk in the FMU???
Now that is very hard to believe, and I am pretty sure very inaccurate.
You need a lot more than that for the amount of air you are recaiving at 8 psi or so.

I am using 7:1 right now and it is holding good, and I tried 6:1 and it couldn't hold.
12:1 would be a total over kill, but 2:1 will smoke your motor in a blink of an eye.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:00 PM
I was not making a claim as to that being enough fuel to support the hp, I was simply stating how to turn 320cc injectors into 440cc injectors. Its very possible that it may not be enough fuel. He was the one that came up with the 440cc number

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:00 PM
i love my red tops

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:17 PM
this to anyone using ford injectors.....where did you get the clips??

Monday, March 28, 2005 12:40 AM
=OrangeZ= wrote:24lbs

1999+ are 24lb...

1996-1998 2.4L uses 16lb.
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:49 AM
Well hey Shifted I am running Ford Brown Tops on my Eco, and I was wondering is there any kinda bigger injectors that I can use??
I am talking about if anyone made a bigger injector for a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, same style so that it fits, just bigger??

Anyone.

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:54 AM
Dauber wrote:
=OrangeZ= wrote:24lbs

1999+ are 24lb...

1996-1998 2.4L uses 16lb.

No, 99+ are 19lb/hr, 96-98 are 24lb/hr.

Suncavi-
I'm pretty sure that the 35lb/hr injectors that they put in the turbo coupes were some of the biggest factory bosch style injectors used in vechicles. Unless somebody else knows of something, you may have to bite the bullet and go aftermarket.

Monday, March 28, 2005 7:24 AM
You can buy a set of 30lb fords for around $124.00 on ebay for (4). The 35lb is prob a little more if you can find a set of (4)..alot of auctions are for a set of (6) and mostly for a set of (8). I was gonna buy the "buy now" $124.00 30lb red top fords but got a hold on some gmsc for $150.00 instead..the guy on ebay was gonna sell me orignal clips to for like $5.00 each..so just ask them if they will sell them seperate or with the injectors...

Checkem out --> ebay injectors

the guy responded real fast..and was helpful
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:38 AM
Suncavi-

Green tops are 440cc, not sure they came stock in any car, but they will clip onto the clips. I'm not sure if they are high impedance or low impedance, but for you all that you would have to change is to take out the resistor.

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:22 AM
You talking about the green tops on the E-bay thingy right??
I see them, a set of 8 right?? lol
So anyone wants to go half, half on these.

The plugs are low impedance so it won't matter that is what I am running now.
Man I wish I had those so I can turn up the BOOST !!!! lol
Thanks Shifted.

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:31 PM

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:38 PM
You'll probably need the high impedance for the 99's, and the clips to match, but those would work.

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:54 PM
as long as tehy will work. also would i need clips for those and if so where can i get them? funny question but wtf are clips? i have a guess but idn if its right
Monday, March 28, 2005 6:14 PM
The low impedance ones, the link you posted there, will not work. You need the ones CarCustoms has listed under the 00+ 2.4L's. Clips are the harness that the injectors clip into.

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:26 PM
the 00+ but i have a 99 Z24. that will still work for my car?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search