Ecotec Turbo Parts list - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Turbo Parts list
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:09 PM
Alright, well I've been thinking about this for awhile and I've decided or so I think to try and piece together a turbo setup, versus buying one. Now I know all the piping and fittings and such will be dependent on how I run things, that much I can do myself, but I'm looking more as to your suggestions on what Turbo, injectors, BOV and fuel upgrades you guys suggest and also if you are against piecing together the kit, please give me any input.

Re: Ecotec Turbo Parts list
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:11 PM
There is a universal parts list in the FAQ, and detailed description of injector sizing calculations.

Please read that, then come back with some specific questions.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:21 PM
Sorry, I had read the faq's but somehow must have missed that part. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:22 PM
JD you got mail.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:41 PM
id say check out the Hahn's Stage II kit cuz price wise you may run into the same prices. by the time you get everything. just remember cuz i found out the hard way when it comes to custom kits you can never do rough math and get a price cuz in the end i spent 500+ more then i thought. i also dont kno how much the Hahn's kit goes for cuz i dont have an eco but in the forum i read a lot on how people like it and some good gains are seen be just that kit no internals. im new at this to thats just a suggestion.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestion and also I'm far from being dead set on my route, I just wanted to explore this as an option and see what people thought of it.
Monday, March 28, 2005 2:54 PM
turbo- t3-t04e .48ar turbine side with a stage 3 wheel and a 50 trim compressor wheel.
Wastegate- turbosmart 38mm wastegate, tial 38mm
BOV- HKS SSQ, Turbo XS RFL type h, tial, greddy<----- those are the better ones

if you are going to piece together your own kit that is the turbo that i would go with. Minimal to no lag and good for 300+ hp. For the wastegate i would go with the turbosmart one just because it is just as good if not better than the tial, prices are about the same, and it comes with all the springs for adjustability where the tial only comes with one and you have to buy the others seperate. Unless you just get a boost controller instead

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search