Stock pump vs bigger injectors?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock pump vs bigger injectors??
Monday, March 28, 2005 6:33 PM
I have a turbo ecotec and my expectations now ..would like to get about 175 hp out of it with this project. my fuel set up will consist of 310cc gmsc injectors with a cartech FMU #2025 and a Accel AFPR set at 35 psi idle pressure and around 45 PSI set at atmospheric (sp) and i plan on using a wideband for above 0+ (boost) to see what to turn up or down on the FMU....now i know my stock fuel pump maxs out at 85 PSI...i plan on running 6.5-7PSI on my T3..so i might not exceed that limit..most likly

Has anyone ran a fuel setup similair with there stock pump? i was wondering if i will lean out because of my pump or ill be fine becuase of the bigger injectors..when i drive it with the wideband i know thats when ill know for sure..but what do you guys think or maybe experience? Kinda gives me a heads up...
Thanks in advance!

Re: Stock pump vs bigger injectors??
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:47 PM
My exact setup. Mine is Ford brown tops, cartech fmu, safc2 , base pressure the same, wot the same, 7psi, lm1 wideband, accel afpr. Let me know what you figure out.
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:40 PM
your stock pump maxes out realisticly at 65psi

and if your gonna be running 7psi on a t3 you will probley go over 200whp so i would watch it, but the stock pump is good for about that much but thats it

you should be fine with them injectors

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:51 PM
You will be fine!

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:20 AM
Thanks guys...ill let you know how it goes in about 2 weeks..injectors should be here in the mail today...and next week im getting the afpr and in-stalling both...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search