2000 z24 turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 z24 turbo
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:16 PM
I was just wondering if any one has boosted a 2000 z24 without changing any of the engine internals I would like to know how much boost I can run safely and what size injectors should I use. If any one can direct me to a link on this forum where someone has their setup mapped out that would be wonderfull ,Thanks for any input

Re: 2000 z24 turbo
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:28 PM
Read the FAQ at the top of this page.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:46 AM
?I can't find anything on turbo charging the LD9 only ecotec 2.4L ,Maybe I am missing something obvious ....
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:51 AM
There is no ecotec 2.4L, the FAQ is about turbocharging in general, and will answer a majority of questions. If the FAQ mentions the 2.4L, it means the 2.4L Twincam LD9.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:37 AM
Check my registry.

I have an all stock motor and push 11psi.

Car is still running to this day with about 22k miles on the setup.

Later,
Jeff

--------------------------------
2000 Turbocharged Silver Z24 5spd
Cardomain Site
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:46 PM
I say be careful dude, I was running 7psi for almost a year and 30k and I broke a piston land, stopped my engine pretty quick. But it worked well for almost a year, I would recommend pistons and rods, but that is just my personal thoughts. Maybe run a little richer and keep temp. down, that might help.. I also raced alot and really used my engine..

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:41 PM
I apologize up front for another newbie question but when I turbo this car do I have to use gm supercharger 2 bar map sensors, injectors and reflashes. I don’t know anything about this this is what I have on my list as of now
manifold

Turbo

Intake filter, hks filter.

Oil inlet feed fitting.

Oil drain fitting

2 bolts for oil drain

Oil feed line

Oil feed line t fitting for block

Oil drain line

Oil drain fittings for both ends of the line

Intercooler piping

Silicone couplers and clamps for all intercooler piping

Intercooler

Flange for turbo outlet

Gasket for turbo inlet

Bolts for turbo outlet

Flange for end of downpipe

Piping for downpipe

Bolts for end of downpipe flange

Wastegate, bolts, flanges and gaskets

Silicone vacuum line for bov and wastegate

Injectors, 310 cc should be ok

Fuel pressure regulator

Fuel pressure regulator fittings

Walbro fuel pump

Fuel pump install kit

Greddy emange to control timing and fuel or something else to control timing and fuel.

Thanks for your input
Dave
Thursday, March 31, 2005 1:01 PM
You don't NEED to get the reflash, but it helps. Personally I'm not getting the reflash.

Here's my parts list:

2.3 HO Intake Manifold
Turbo Exhaust Manifold
.48/.50 T3 60 Trim Turbo
2.5" Downpipe
Downpipe gasket
Turbo O2 housing
5 2.5" Mandrel U-Bends
Oil Feed Kit
Oil Return Kit
Boost/Vac Gauge
A/F Gauge
TurboXS RFL Blow Off Valve
30x6x3 JRC Intercooler
Apexi SAFC-2 Version 2 (Black)
30lb/hr Ford Red Top Injectors
Ford Injector Harness
Cartech BEGI Billet 2025 Adjustable FMU
Accel Adjustable FPR 74565
Various oil T fittings

(Need to buy yet)
2 T3 Turbo gaskets
Exhaust Manifold Gasket
Intake Manifold Gasket
Oil Pan Gasket
90 Degree Weld Fitting for Oil Return
2.5" Straight Charge Pipe
8 Silicone Connectors
16 T-Bolt Clamps
Turbo bolts
Header wrap

I might be missing one or two things, but thats the majority of it.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:28 PM
I would say if you are using the map and injectors, then the reflash is a must. If using factory map then it not useful. It is really cheap to get the reflash (40 CND, 30USD) so it is a pretty nice way to aid in setting up fuel, a piggy back is still recommended though.

Sounds like you've really done your home work, with the whole parts list.
good luck

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, March 31, 2005 6:39 PM
geforcez22 wrote:I would say if you are using the map and injectors, then the reflash is a must. If using factory map then it not useful. It is really cheap to get the reflash (40 CND, 30USD) so it is a pretty nice way to aid in setting up fuel, a piggy back is still recommended though.

Sounds like you've really done your home work, with the whole parts list.
good luck

Wow, where are you getting the reflash done for $30 usd??

Dealerships around here charge a good $100 for something like that...

Later,
Jeff

--------------------------------
2000 Turbocharged Silver Z24 5spd
Cardomain Site
Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:34 PM
I just went to the local dealership, my friend who worked there said it costs about 35CND for a normal reflash, and for this one he ahd to call around a bit so he chardged me a little more. it worked great

kinda sucks that I am selling my entire kit cause I blew my engine, such a waste of a good reflash.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:41 PM
Jeff-

GM cannot charge you for the software, but they can charge you for the labor. Its usually about 1 hours worth (even though it only takes 10 minutes), so depending on what dealer you go to, either they charge you the actual labor rate, or the book rate.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:57 PM
unless your friend works at the dealership, and helps you out on his spare time, we just paid to use the machine.

to get the reflash GM needs the last 8-digits of your VIN, and then they get a vehicle specific reflash, so all your factory options still work, I think it just gives them a record incase of warranty issues

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search