Tapping the Oil Pan - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tapping the Oil Pan
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

Where's the best place to tap the oil pan on a '99 2200 for the turbo inlet? It's an automatic transmission if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Re: Tapping the Oil Pan
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:00 PM
And you are trying to sell kits?

You can't get oil from the pan...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 28, 2005 12:05 PM
For Oil Feed there is a plug in the back of the motor that is used

Oil Return, its easiest to use a modified dip stick

Monday, March 28, 2005 12:35 PM
Shifted: I already sold a few actually. I deal with sales, finances, products, etc. HERMAN deals with the physical installation of all products that we offer. I'm not too qualified on that, which is why I asked the question.

LowFire: Thanks bro.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:40 PM
I always thought you had to tap into the pan, granted there is a what it appears to be a nut on the back of the oil pan for an extention of some kind (nothing attached though) now I have a return line for the oilfiller tube but what/where would you have it fed from? I always thought the pan but where at on the pan and how hard would it be?

**changes are here**

Monday, March 28, 2005 12:42 PM
Ryan-

You can't tap the pan for a feed. There is no oil pressure in the pan.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:22 AM
Sorry guys I should have asked the question for frank. I was asking where people usually tap the oil pan for the oil return line, but I have found out that people use the modified dip stick holder tube, which will be alot easier. Also I was going to ask where the oil pressure sensor is on the 2200. I have only done a turbo install on the 2.4L engine. There are two sensors on the back side of the block next to the fire wall. Is it the top one or the bottom for the turbo feed???

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:09 PM

You mean that I can run a oil return line from the outlet turbo to my dip stick even if the dip stick is upper than the turbo oil outlet.....

Is there enough pressure on the turbo oil outlet to send it back by the dip stick.?

I putting a new turbo on my opel corsa B and like the idea to not modified the pan and send the oil by the dip stick.

I have my turbo on my 2.4 and put a NPT 3/8" line in the pan.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search