very serious question, please help!!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
very serious question, please help!!!
Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:01 AM
ok guys here it is.....

i really need some very honest and knowledgeable opinions on my situation. here is my little problem i am trying to decide on. first i will give u a description of what i have going, i am running a 2.4 liter, RSM Vortech Supercharger pushing about 8 psi., the block is bored .30 over with custom "JE" forged pistons "8.5:1", eagle h beams, arp fasteners, total seal rings, clevitte bearings, fully balanced and blue printed, p&p head, stainless valves, msd DIS2 ignition box, adjustable fmu, 370cc RC injectors, rk sport fuel rail, Accel fuel pressure regulator, 255 lph pump, and a LM-1 Wideband o2 setup for air/fuel readings.... my problem is, i am having a couple people telling me that they think i should go with a full standalone unit cause they dont think i will be able to get it to run right with the factory ECU..... but i think with everything i have, i should be able to make it run good... i know that a standalone is the best way to do it but not all of us have the money to buy one for 1800 dollars yano... i just have some major money in this motor and i dont want to ruin it. but i think there is quite a few guys out there running more boost than i am "8 psi" and they are runnnig factory ecu's... i bought the wideband setup so i can tell if it is doing ok.... and so i can tune it to the best of my ability. i think i will be ok cause i have the DIS2 to take out timing, the fmu to help with additional fuel and 255 lph pump to feed it under boost, and the fuel regulater to help so its not drounding in fuel at idle. i am also ordering a front mount intercooler for it which always helps out more with detonation, and even an methanol injection setup. please let me know if you guys think i can get away with this setup while still running the factory ECU.... i just really dont have the money for a stand alone unit.. please only post if u have good knowledge and have had experience with tuning....thanks so much guys...

Re: very serious question, please help!!!
Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:55 PM
IMO if you're only goin to run 8psi you should stick with stock compression pistons (9.5:1). I recommend the Greddy E Manage for a good fuel computer.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:10 PM
what he said ^^^

you will be able to give the engine enough fuel with your set up but you will not be able to fully costumize the fuel curve, thats why i went with the safc2,afpr,afmu combo

your injectors are too big and you will be bogging outyour engine at idle so look into an emanage setup or a safc2 to correct this

if ya got anymore questions let me know ill help ya out

Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:45 PM
e-manage is a great system. a couple guys have had very good luck with Megasquirt if you want a cheaper system. Tuning software is free. Megasquirt is a DIY job but you can buy pre-built kits on ebay for just a little more. www.megasquirt.info is the site

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search