ecotec t25 manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec t25 manifold
Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:51 PM
im getting a t25 just a small turbo does anyone know where to get a manifold to that will bolt up?

Re: ecotec t25 manifold
Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:02 PM
its all about the flange, find out what style flange its using and have one welded to a manifold

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Monday, April 04, 2005 3:16 PM
get a bigger turbo, that's a start.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, April 04, 2005 4:44 PM
T25 is quite small for a ecotec..i dont recondmend using it =( get a .48 T3 with a 50 or 60 trim comp. housing..or sizing around there..
Monday, April 04, 2005 6:43 PM
Deekster Jones wrote:T25 is quite small for a ecotec..i dont recondmend using it =( get a .48 T3 with a 50 or 60 trim comp. housing..or sizing around there..

A T25 will make just as much hp as a T3 50 trim.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, April 04, 2005 6:48 PM
i agree but wouldnt it be harder to make it with the T25...isnt the whole turbo in perpestive view just a smaller turbo then the T3? and T3 much more common...
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:00 PM
plus every manifold you will find has a T3 flange, not a T25 flange.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:55 AM
every turbo can make the same power, just depends how much boost you need to run to make that power. its all about cfm, a bigger turbo will make the same power at lower boost levels than a smaller turbo at higher levels

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:28 PM
judgez24 wrote:every turbo can make the same power, just depends how much boost you need to run to make that power.

Not true at all.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:28 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:
judgez24 wrote:every turbo can make the same power, just depends how much boost you need to run to make that power.

Not true at all.

that's what i was getting ready to say. you can't make 18 psi on, for example, a TD04 13b. but you CAN make 18 psi on a t3/04e

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:32 PM
Its all about the surge limit. A turbo cannot spin the blades faster than the speed of sound. If blades break the speed of sound, it creates a shockwave (better known as the sonic boom) that can completely stop the turbo, or even spin it backwards. Imagine your turbo spinning at 150,000 RPM, and suddenly stopping.

Turbo sizing is all about staying within the efficiency limits of the turbo. After you get outside the efficiency limits, you are creating hotter air, and less of it, and a bigger turbo is what you would need.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:39 PM
maxing out a turbo... can we say shaft play?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 8:37 AM
ok,. what im saying is this. a small turbo will move as much cfm at a higher level of boost as a big turbo at lower levels of boost. prime example is gm's 2.2 drag car. i was doing a little bit of reading up on it. 350 whp at 2 pounds of boost when they were building and testing the motor. im sure you put that motor and a turbo from a firefly together itll make no where near that at that low of a boost level

Thursday, April 07, 2005 8:40 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=57790&t=57790

there you go
Quote:

How much boost can I run without sacrificing reliability?
---- Boost is so much more than PSI. Imagine for a moment that you have a box, its 1 cubic foot big (1 foot x 1 foot x 1 foot). turbo can take 10lbs of air (it's a lot of air), and compress it to 5 PSI, stick it in that box. ther turbo can take 20lbs of air, compress it to 5 PSI, and also stick it into that box.iously the 20lbs of air will make more power than the 10lbs of air of the smaller turbo charger (provided you have the right fuel mixture).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search