Turbo size for the 2200 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo size for the 2200
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:03 AM
What would be the recommended size of turbo for the 2200 and what trim would be recommended? I'm just trying to get some info about this before I make the decision to turbo my motor. I already have a few parts needed for the motor build (valvetrain and connecting rods) and a turbo sounds like the only way to see 200 HP without spending a fortune. Thanks in advance...............

I'll have a sig someday....................

Re: Turbo size for the 2200
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:04 AM
T3 Super 60

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:07 AM
yeah that will kep up till you want to go beyond the 300hp mark, and will spool pretty quick, a t3/t4 hybrid will work also, and can support more powre down the road, and if you keep the turbine side a .48 with a stage 3 wheel, it will spool just as fast as a super 60. then to increase CFM, all you have to do is change out the compressor side.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:30 PM
MY turbo is t3/t4 .48/.60 w/ a .57 trim stage 3 wheel...Spools as soon as I hit the gas hard, but stays right below boost if I am just drviving normal... perfect IMO! I also have a 2200 .

Failure is not failure if you learn from it
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:37 PM
T3 Super 60 sounds good actually. Did a little research on it and seems like the logical choice for me. I was planning to run about 10-11 PSI (maximum) in my car. I am figuring that I will need injectors and an S-AFC, but will stock compression Wiseco forged pistons do the trick and far as taking the boost? Or should the compression be lowered? Also, where is the best place to buy a turbo manifold for a fair price. Nothing to expensive, just functional and reliable........ Thanks again

I'll have a sig someday....................
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search