DEI Cryo2 Charger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DEI Cryo2 Charger
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:35 PM
Found it in the Feb. 05 issue of HCI, but i couldn't find any info on DEI's website. This is was HCI said about it

Quote:

DEI introduces a unique perfomance product that utilizes compressed carbon dioxide to power a compressor similar to the ones found on turbochargers. This product was so new at press time that details regarding the system weren't finalized. The use od pressurized carbon dioxide traveling over what would normally be a red-hot turbine results in lower intake charge temperature since the carbon dioxide comes out at temperatures below freezing. The are also no oil lines to plumb with this system because ice cold carbon dioxide removes any heat generated during operation. The absence of an exhaust manifold also opens up various possibilites of creative installations. We'll be keeping and eye on this product and so should you.

So i'm guessing this will only be used at WOT and tuning for "on the bottle" or charger or whatever would be like the Knight electric supercharger. It seems like a cool idea, but I don't really see this being to popular in the aftermarket

Comments, feedback, more info???

Re: DEI Cryo2 Charger
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:29 PM
they have a whole line of very interesting things

http://www.cryo2.com

They have purge kits
Theres intercooler sprayer kits
Theres also a piece that you stick in line with your intake to cool the ambient air temp by up to 50 degrees this would be especially useful to those with the gm supercharger and those with rsm superchargers
Theres also something for cooling the fuel rails as well

Very interesting line of stuff do check it out

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:33 PM
I was kinda curious about that bulb thing. I think HCI put it on an Evo along with the I/C sprayer, but i can't remember exactly what the results were

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:47 PM
there was a mag that reviewed it only got a 8whp gain with the intercooler sprayer

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search