Accel injectors? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Accel injectors?
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has ran 30lb accel injectors before, they are 14.4 ohms saturated injectors. Will this work on a 2002 2200 SFI. I have RC 370cc w/ a s-afc2 and wanted to switch to the accels since they are yellow top, and my whole interior and engine bay is done in yellow. I found them on summit for about $160 shipped.

Failure is not failure if you learn from it

Re: Accel injectors?
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:27 PM
You know that the 30lb/hr are about 50cc less than the 370's right?

Other than that, they should work, I think there are a couple people here who are using them.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:34 PM
I just wanted to know, I Know they are smaller. I also searched summit instead of finding through google, they all different sizes. Plus my friend needed some injectors and doesn't want to stay mechanical fuel setup, will they idle okay on his 2200?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:40 PM
Probably need to bring the fuel pressure way down, and even then it might idle like a truck, thats a lot of fuel to throw at a 2200 motor when its not in boost. Using an SAFC or something to pull fuel electronicaly will help.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:44 PM
So what size should he use if he plans to stay at stock PSI, like 240cc or something?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:47 PM
WTF yer changing injectors because they don't match yer car? I have 32lb Accells.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:49 PM
02turbo wrote:So what size should he use if he plans to stay at stock PSI, like 240cc or something?

Stock PSI, no boost? No dry nitrous or anything? If he just wants a set of stock replacements, 19lb/hr (192cc). 24lb/hr will probably idle decent and have room to grow.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:50 PM
I have rc370cc injectors with my s-afc2, I am however probably going to get accels to match or a little less/more don't know. My friend Dave however, doesn't want to go electrical setup but wants to run 10 psi, what size does HE need?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:53 PM
Sorry, he IS turbo not NA, running a t3 garrett (i think it's from a VOLVO).

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:56 PM
Doesn't matter the electronics or not, a certain hp REQUIRES a certain size injector. 10psi, conservative 10hp per psi, +100hp. 115 stock + 100 = 215hp (talking flywheel here). 215hp requires 440cc of fuel. That doesn't mean you should use 42lb/hr injectors, since 30lb at 73psi will flow 42lb/hr with a boost pressure of 10psi. Problem is getting those sized injectors to idle in the motor, you can only bring the fuel pressure down so far before the injectors clip, or it just won't idle.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:29 PM
whats usually the lowest fuel PSI a injector can handle? im gonna get a new accel AFPR and 310cc injectors and set it to 35 psi (which is the lowest it will go #74565) i was wondering if i should get the #74566 model which is the same thing but can go even lower to 25 PSI...would did work better or will they clip like your saying ^^

ecotec motor sotck injectors 19lb at 55 PSI idle

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:34 PM
I wouldn't go any lower than 35psi on any injector, but the lowest pressure an injector can go depends on the injector itself, each one is different.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search