IAT location? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IAT location?
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:21 AM
As stated, where to put the sensor? IN the charge piping by the TB, in the filter pipe for the turbo, etc... I have mine ran to the front of the car ever since I had a cold air intake, and I do believe that causes a timing advance right?(which is not good) Where is everyone putting there's?

Failure is not failure if you learn from it

Re: IAT location?
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:28 AM
It goes just before the TB, just like stock.

Good luck keeping it in the charge pipe though. I recommend getting the screw-in sensor. Boost will blow the stock rubber fitting out more than likely.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:36 AM
YEah, that is why I asked. BTW what do you mean screw in sensor?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:51 AM
The 2.3 quad 4 engine had a "screw in" IAT sensor that threaded into the manifold. Much much better for boost.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:53 AM
Will it hook to my sensor harness(2200 SFI), not to mention where would I get the bung for it besides off a 2.3L

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:09 AM
It should clip in, since the 2.2 and 2.4 both use the same IAT, and it clips into the 2.4. The sensor part number is in the top FAQ, page 2, somewhere in one of my posts. Its not actually from a 2.3, its from a camaro (f-body) and is listed as some type of filter temp sensor or some wierd thing.

Don't worry about a bung, just drill a hole in the charge pipe and tap the pipe, it only needs to have a couple threads grab to hold it good enough.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:15 AM
They are like 8 bucks from advance, also I could probably get a galvanized fitting from the hardware store if I wanted a bung, just finding the right threads will be fun.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:18 PM
the 2.4 supercharger makes you put the iat after the TB on the housing of the charger hmm...

Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:08 PM
listening.....

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:46 PM
I know the threds on the bung, its a 3/8 NPT fitting. i just bought a brass one at advance today. With this one, I have to cut it in half, and then JB weld it into the pipe. I'd recommend getting a steel 3/8 NPT nut, and weld that onto the pipe. I know of a place around here to get one, but this is just for my regular intake, not boost, so it doesn't matter. I just wanted an acurate reading, and i'll use the sensor once I get my turbo.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search