O NO ive gone and done it this time! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
O NO ive gone and done it this time!
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:28 PM
yup just ordered me a PLX R500 wideband setup

why what you think i was gonna say?

anyways not sure if anyone here has seen it yet its pretty sweet, its pretty much the mother of all wideband kits

here is a nice little link for ya all

PLX R500

i will hopefully get it in soon
and ill post a bunch of pics and info when i do

Re: O NO ive gone and done it this time!
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:32 PM
You didn't see the GP going on for Innovate stuff?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:48 PM
Innovate has nothing like this , burns me that they had to come out with this less than a month after i bought my M300

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:48 PM
yes i did im sure he could give much off the 400 msrp anyways it doesnt have all the features this does nore does it do it all in the nice little safc type display, you dont even need a computer to data log too you can do it right on the unit and the watch it back right on the unit without having to use a laptop, plus it can store upto 80min of data on it and show up to 6 guages at the same time o and they will be having firmware upgrades in the future as well so it will keep the little unit up to date

there is so much this little thing can do i think its pretty cool if ya ask me

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:49 PM
Yeah, no @!#$. That happed to me too.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:42 PM
that kit would be almost 100% complete if it came with the EGT probe.

Damn!

That looks like a great tool.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:39 AM
sweetness.
keep us updated .

Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:14 AM
doesnt look to bad , the egt and wide band section of the display is cool

ill be happy with just a gauge , easier to mount and not take up alot of space

Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:15 PM
i hope i can hook it up to my EGT probe that i alread have installed

Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:45 PM
WHooooot Whoooot go Z on the fat ass purchase. Damn you I could only afford the LM1. Whats the deal on the afc prob? Let me know later.
Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:53 PM
yep, i really like my m500, just wireless to a laptop, so no display, but i have the wideband gauge they sell too. going to use a greddy in the future anyways, so , no displays anywhere. sleeper, lol

Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:20 PM
yeah the m500 is very nice aswell

Friday, April 08, 2005 12:25 AM
Looks like a nice unit... I do like the display... now I have an odd ball question.. someone above said that Innovate has nothing close to offer to something like this... I was doing some reading... the LM1 with Autobox.... seems to me it does a little more then this? Or maybe I am just not looking at this the correct way?

Info on the LM1 and the Autobox.

LM-1: Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meter
Tuning an engine for maximum power previously required long trial-and-error sessions on a dynamometer. With the LM-1, precise AFR measurement allows the user to correctly adjust many variables- including carburetor jetting, fuel injection, turbo fuel curves, etc.- without long and expensive dyno sessions. The meter’s digital signal processing technology provides data on exactly how rich or lean an engine is running at any load. The LM-1’s self-calibrating circuitry also compensates for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition.

The instrument can sample and store the air-fuel-ratio and the other sensor data internally in operation for later analysis on a personal computer. At a sampling rate of 12 samples/second the instrument can store up to 44 minutes worth of data in non-volatile memory. The data can be downloaded to a personal computer using a standard serial port and viewed/analyzed by the included software or any standard spreadsheet program:

AutoBox.

The AuxBox attaches to the auxiliary input of the LM-1 and allows a user to log and analyze 5 critical engine metrics in addition to the air/fuel ratio native on the LM-1. The AuxBox makes the LM-1 into a complete tuning kit, allowing the user to capture, view, and analyze data on all 6 channels that the LM-1 can log internally. Correlating AFR, RPM, MAP, and CHT, for example, is essential when tuning piggy-back fuel controllers, ECU programmers, aftermarket ECUs, or racing carburetors.

The 5 internal sensors are intended for capturing Manifold Air Pressure (MAP or Boost), Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) or Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), RPM conversion (from a tach signal or inductive clamp), Acceleration, and Injector Duty Cycle (or Dwell). The internal MAP sensor is a 3-bar absolute pressure sensor, providing accurate data up to 44.1 PSIA. The temperature measurement circuit features a K-type thermocouple. The internal accelerometer features 2 axis measurements for a variety of mounting options.

Another key application of the AuxBox is road testing. Even a dyno doesn’t provide as much real data as road testing. Factors like air flow, side force, and load vary significantly on a real road. With an AuxBox, a user can log 6 channels, in multiple sessions, for up to 44 minutes. Then, back at the garage, simply connect the LM-1 to you PC and view all of you log data. Use LogWorks to view fuel mapping, perform statistical analysis, overlay graphs, and playback a log on the virtual gauges. You can also view realtime data on LogWorks’ gauges if you want to take your laptop on the road.

The AuxBox also includes 5 external inputs for connecting external sensors in lieu of the internal sensors. This allows users to log data from external sensors like TPS or suspension data.

The AuxBox ships with mounting hardware, a 6’ thermocouple wire, the LM-1 connecting cable, and the user manual.

Includes: LM1, AuxBox (LMA-3) Input Accessory, Bosch 5-wire Wideband 02 Sensor, Analog Output Cable, 10ft. Sensor Cable, 10ft. Power Cable (Cig), 6ft. Serial Cable for PC Connection, Bung/Plug Kit, Software CD, and Quick Start Guide.

Again if I am wrong I am sorry... like I said I could be missing soemthing but I am not sure that is why I am posting the info . . .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search