2.2 ecotec supercharger coming soon? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec supercharger coming soon?
Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:47 PM
well i went to hot import daze here in houston and got to drive a cobalt ss! (loved every minute even though i didnt get to take it out of second gear). anyway i talked to some guys at the gm tuner tour display and they told me that the supercharger should be released sometime this month or at the latest end of may.. how true this is.. i couldnt tell u.. just passing on the word from them.

here comes the boost!

Re: 2.2 ecotec supercharger coming soon?
Saturday, April 09, 2005 11:39 PM
it's probly not true LOL

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, April 09, 2005 11:45 PM
i need a charger bad

see ya!

Sunday, April 10, 2005 12:20 AM
Quote:

anyway i talked to some guys at the gm tuner tour display and they told me that the supercharger should be released sometime this month or at the latest end of may.. how true this is.. i couldnt tell u.. just passing on the word from them.

when did you talk to him?? idk.. iv got about 1200 saved up just sitting on it. iv been searching for a totaled redline and only found 1. (engine sold for 1800 a few days before i could get to it)

it would be nice if it came out that soon. i dont think gm will do it for fear of losing sales with the cobalt SS. why would gm release the same charger for like 2000-2500 for a cavalier and make it faster then a cobalt for like 21k..

i wish and hope it is true.. 1st it was last june.. then end of summer.. then end of 04/1st quarter 05 and i havent heard anythign new till now.
Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:08 AM
Not sure the price will be $2000 - $2500 like the LD9 charger. That is being sold at a loss right now so I'd think $3000 - $3500 to start out. Hopefully it does come out soon as it seems there are lots of folks just waiting for it! I'd like to see what it can do.
I'm with John H though ... why bring it out now when the Cobalt SS is just now getting started and GM has already posted losses for this quarter. I'd say late this year at the earliest, most likely Jan - Mar 06. Just my opinion.

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Sunday, April 10, 2005 8:38 AM
yea right just like it was printed on the cavalier extreme brochures at the bash dec 2004, believe it when you see it because Gm's word dont mean much

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:48 AM
it's out, just not in a kit and connectect to an engine.

Now Back from Iraq!
With More Favor and Less Calories

Working on the engine... Soon to be complete.
Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:09 PM
^^^^ yeah but we need the reflash.. new injectors also. with "kit" its all bolt on and u dont have anything to fab up or alter.
Monday, April 11, 2005 4:25 AM
^^ stock Eco injectors should be up to the load. we do need to re-route the coolant hose and dip stick and rotate the throttle body with an adapter

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:46 AM
JFORCE1 wrote:Not sure the price will be $2000 - $2500 like the LD9 charger. That is being sold at a loss right now so I'd think $3000 - $3500 to start out.

This wouldnt make sense either, then you could go get the 2.0S/C crate for that amount or a little more......

I'm betting on $2-2500, remember this is now a PRODUCTION part and is prolly costing GM a lot less than the one off LD9 chargers, the only thing they will have to make one off is tb adaptors and stupid little stuff....

Bet it will be a $2599 list selling for $2000-2100

Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:56 AM
praying.......

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:37 AM
it will be 2040 by the time that comes out

lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search